• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricinfo:

10.25am Nagraj is round by the pavilion, and doesn't think Pakistan intend to train at all. Yawar Saeed is holding his head in his hands.

10.15am The Pakistan players are now in the dressing room as crowd continues to file into Lord's for what will be an extraordinary day.

"The England team are warming up on the outfield in front of the Tavern Stand," says Andrew. "A few Pakistanis are visible on the dressing-room balcony, but minimal activity on their part for now."

stumpski

International Captain
"They're too ashamed to take the field" - Ramiz Raja.

I still want to see England complete the win though. Five of the team worked hard for it.

pasag

RTDAS
So what, you want to call it a draw? :blink:
Dunno, doesn't really matter. Just call it suspended or abandoned, and then when it's found they fixed the match, award it to England.

Edit: not sure if "match fixing" is the right term here, but point stands.

Last edited:

The_roc

U19 Captain
Well they've just left their hotel, attracting more media attention than would usually be the case.

And yes of course the match should go on, can't scrap a Test match on the basis of completely unfounded allegations. Then let events on and off the field take their course.
Without foundation? Think you need to look at the video again.

stumpski

International Captain
Alright then, 'unproven' - if that means something slightly different (I think we have a lawyer or two on here, don't we?)

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Alright then, 'unproven' - if that means something slightly different (I think we have a lawyer or two on here, don't we?)
FWIW, I prefer unproven to unfounded. I have a strong suspicion that the allegations are well-founded, but accept they're currently unproven

Sir Alex

Banned
Dunno, doesn't really matter. Just call it suspended or abandoned, and then when it's found they fixed the match, award it to England.

Edit: not sure if "match fixing" is the right term here, but point stands.
Nah DWTA. I mean the awarding of the match to England after it is called off. Better, pretend as if nothing as happened, and leave it to the authorities to deal with.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Expert commentator David Lloyd reckons people in the crowd "might be oblivious to what's been going on overnight". FFS, Bumble

stumpski

International Captain
In terms of on-field play, Umar Akmal has been the biggest disappointment for me this summer. We heard so much about the youngster during the winter and I was looking forward to seeing him - he hasn't made one substantial score all season. Although many will want this match to die a swift death, I wouldn't mind seeing a few shots from him this morning.