• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Aamer Situation

If found guilty, Aamer should be banned for:

• Total voters

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Also what if this is the only match fixing that is proved?
See the problem is even if legally this is the only match that is proved to be fixed, what it does it questions everything else. This is why match fixing and corruption is so ugly because it brings into disrepute everything else. Where do you stop questioning then?
The third ODI against NZ last year
The first test agaisnt Sri Lanka in July
The second test against Australia in Sydney
The World Cup 99 Final

and so on and so forth..

Everything loses meaning you know.

Migara

International Coach
No it won't the video will be timestamped in and of itself. It may not always show on the screen but it should be timestamped seeing as how all videos taken these days are somehow and someway.
Time stamp is a digital signature. There are blokes who could rip 128 bit encoded windows passwords. Is a time stamp big deal for such a person?

Best time stamp would have been to keep hand it over to police or keep it in a bank locker with time and date signed by a third party, before the incident took place. That did not happen, and they could've done it without being noticed as well. For me that video looks very suspicious.

Migara

International Coach
Which would make it hard to prove since if the police acted beforehand, there would be no way to prove the crime. On the other hand, we're not sure if that was true and police just waited until after to make the arrest.
Why police should act before hand? When police gets tips of drug trafficking they wait till it happens and catches the perpetrators red handed. They don't raid the place before hand it takes place. Unless they can prove it this footage was filmed before the incident took place, I am not going to buy in to those evidence.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Best time stamp would have been to keep hand it over to police or keep it in a bank locker with time and date signed by a third party, before the incident took place.
Depends on when they handed it over. If they turned the tape over prior to the No Balls then the video is not in question.

Migara

International Coach
How could any video evidence appear before the incident took place? :huh:
The news agency claims that filming of the fixing happened on 25/08. The no balling happened on 27 or 28 of Aug, at least 48 hours later. During that time they could've handed the evidence to police

Sir Alex

Banned
Time stamp is a digital signature. There are blokes who could rip 128 bit encoded windows passwords. Is a time stamp big deal for such a person?

Best time stamp would have been to keep hand it over to police or keep it in a bank locker with time and date signed by a third party, before the incident took place. That did not happen, and they could've done it without being noticed as well. For me that video looks very suspicious.
yep but they also talk about phone conversations. SO if the cell phone company records match with the time they spoke, the link can be establised. Also it also says Salman butt and Kamran Akmal called the idiot during one of the meetings. Now that is an easy one to prove right/

Sir Alex

Banned
The news agency claims that filming of the fixing happened on 25/08. The no balling happened on 27 or 28 of Aug, at least 48 hours later. During that time they could've handed the evidence to police
They might have too.. right?

Spark

Global Moderator
And they may well have - we just don't know yet. The police may have been collecting further evidence in the interim.

Migara

International Coach
yep but they also talk about phone conversations. SO if the cell phone company records match with the time they spoke, the link can be establised. Also it also says Salman butt and Kamran Akmal called the idiot during one of the meetings. Now that is an easy one to prove right/
That would be good evidence. But then they have to prove that they actually spoke about the fix. Butt would argue that I asked him how he was doing.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
That would be good evidence. But then they have to prove that they actually spoke about the fix. Butt would argue that I asked him how he was doing.
Why would he be associated or willing know and talk to him in the first place knowing the circumstances?

pskov

International 12th Man
Occam's Razor - entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity i.e. the simpler explanation is probably right

1. The NOTW finds a suspected match-fixer, gains his trust with piles of cash and secretly films him watching the test telling them that he knows the next delivery will be a no-ball, which it is. They then hand this over to the police who arrest the suspected match-fixer.

2. The NOTW convinces a well known hanger on to the Pakistani team to pretend to be a match-fixer, they get him in a room with lots of cash and playback a video of the test and get him to say the next ball will be a no-ball, which they know because it has already happened. They then forge the timestamp on the video and hand it to the police who then arrest the guy the paper convinced to pretend to be a match-fixer. Let's hope he doesn't say anything about agreeing to fabricate this so we don't get sued for millions of pounds!

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Then it is curtains for the players. If that's the case I am willing to admit that the footage is real.
It came from a confidential source that's it.....Well we can never know may Asif and Amir were forced to do the no-ball thingy....

BTW Randiv must be biting his nail's somwhere in Sri Lanka.:laugh:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Case 1

F Word was faked, admits Channel 4

Media exploiting is a crime happening in open daylight. But very difficult to prove. Even after Channel 4 admitting that they faked the "F" word, nothing happened.
Oh come on! I have not seen the execution video so I was interested in reading about it. Having done some reading, there are 2 points you seem to ignore. A) C4 did not make the video themselves it was passed on to them. If fake, these things happen in reporting from everything from the Hitler Diaries to war reports. B) The reports of it being fake are not conclusive and originate in SL in 2009. Most modern (ie 2010) reports claim after impartial analysis that it is real.
France24 - Video showing execution of Tamils 'is authentic', UN envoy says
Frankly I dont know the truth but it gives zero evidence for C4 deliberate falsification.

As for the F-Word. The article says Ramsey caught a fish and cooked it when in reality a member of the crew did. For shame 8-). God forbid an entertainment show edits for content.

Basically this type of stuff has no relevance to what has happened in the cricket in the last day and that is even if you give credit to the weak point that one media outlet has anything to do with the credibility of another.

As for the NOTW, it is trash but it does these investigations very well. It is a celebrity and *** obsessed rag but that isnt mutually exclusive to doing good investigative journalism to expose various famous people.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah NOTW to me looks a good investigative journalist paper, they just their talents for the most worthless tripe.