• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Spark

Global Moderator
A truly commendable effort from Pakistan, setting the record for their lowest score in England for, I think, the 3rd time in 4 tests?

Spark

Global Moderator
If running someone out when he steps out of the crease during your delivery stride is considered 'against the spirit of the game' (as KApil Dev did with Peter Kirsten in 93/94) one would think that this would be too no?
That's a bit different there because there you haven't bowled a legitimate ball. It really is very simple.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When our wickets were tumbling all I read was how well Pakistan bowled.

Yes, they've batted like amateurs. But what a performance this was from our attack. Take out Finn's first three overs and I'd go as far as saying it's one of the best all-round performances from them in recent memory (i.e with them all chipping in).

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gonna be un-English and give credit to our chaps for once. I'd normally say it was a piss-poor batting effort (and it was), but the attack really did bowl very well too. All good deliveries, well Swanneh's last one was overpitched if one's being harsh, but it was to a rank #11.

Spark

Global Moderator
When our wickets were tumbling all I read was how well Pakistan bowled.

Yes, they've batted like amateurs. But what a performance this was from our attack. Take out Finn's first three overs and I'd go as far as saying it's one of the best all-round performances from them in recent memory (i.e with them all chipping in).
Whilst it was an excellent performance, a lot of the wickets were to deliveries that didn't need to be wicket taking balls. Amir yesterday, though, was bowling balls which were literally destined to take wickets. Although Yousuf and most of Swann's were fairly beastly.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
Yeah much better 2nd spell from Finn, quicker and for the first time this series he bowled the right lengths. Dont think hes test class yet but certainly looks more like he belongs when he bowls like that.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Hameed ran down the track and tried to smash Broad out of the ground. Unfortunately for him he missed the ball by a comfortable distance. Broad's reaction was priceless.

:laugh: Imran Farhat is terrible. 7/1 Broad picks up another.

Dissector

International Debutant
What a truly bizarre summer it's been for Pakistan. Two excellent away wins against strong teams and otherwise complete crap. They have certainly lived up to their reputation as the most inconsistent team in world cricket. On the whole though I think this summer will be a positive experience and a good platform from which to build their future team. They know they have a lot of work to do but the two wins will give them confidence that they have plenty of talent and potential too.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Pakistan honestly have a worse batting lineup than Bangladesh. I don't give a **** if Yousuf is playing now, the sum of the parts is just so dire regardless of his class.