• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This has been a great summer of cricket it really has including the neutral tests and we can thank Pakistan for that, would be so infuriating to support them but they are ridiculosuly entertaning. They need to keep playing test cricket, hope they come back to England soon for more neutral tests.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Damn, I went to sleep at tea time, looks like I missed an awesome last session!

I can't believe Butt didn't refer that LBW early on in Broad's innings, it was so close and he had 2 referrals left.

Aamer was awesome in the first 4 hours of the day, I wonder if selecting the big left armer Riaz ahead of Gul was the right move in the end?

Apologies if it's been said already, but it seems like it's Asif not Aamer who looks like playing 6 Tests inside 2 months is taking it's toll on him.

I guess it makes sense when you look at Asif's career, but at the start of the England series I thought we'd see Aamer struggling a little, not Asif.

Pothas

Asif bowled beautifully yesterday morning to be fair, did not see much of the evening session so don't know if he was struggling but I just think he just tends to look tired and disinterested when things are not going his way (was certainly the case when I saw him at the Oval last week). I don't think that means he is actually bowling badly.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Wow, incredible batting from England to reach this position. I went to bed after Trott reached his 50 and I couldn't believe the score at stumps when I woke up. Quality from Trott and Broad, Pakistan slackened off towards the end of the day as well.

Top bowling from Amir to.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder if selecting the big left armer Riaz ahead of Gul was the right move in the end?
I guess we will never know - but just from watching him he is not a thinking man's bowler. Either that or his coach has not developed any detailed plans for him as he seems very reactive when he bowls.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It's a lovely sunny day just south of London today, so batting conditions should be way easier than yesterday morning. Given that the 2nd new ball is already 30 overs old, Broad & Trott could add a good few more, but you can see England batting just long enough to allow the wicket to completely dry out. if Pak can pick themselves up after yesterday's disappointment, there's no resaon why they shouldn't get close to England's total by Sunday lunchtime and then who knows what might happen? We know that England are perfectly capable of collapsing in their second innings, so this one isn't in the bag at all. Anderson, Broad & Finn need to bowl really well today on what looked a pretty flat track whne the ball stopped swinging.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I am expecting us to lose by an innings- I dreamt 142 all out with Yousuf making 50, but lets see what becomes a reality.

stumpski

International Captain
They keep saying that Broad Senior never made a Test hundred at Lord's - in fact, he never made one in England. Four in Australia and one apiece in Pakistan and New Zealand, all in the space of 15 months. Must be unique for an England player with that many not to have made one at home.

andyc

What an amazing day's cricket. Best day's play since 2005.

I wonder how high Trott's 149* will rate on the computer rankings system. Against a top-class bowling attack in very helpful conditions, while all about him were losing their wickets. If it ends up being a match-winner, it can't be far off Gooch's seminal 154* surely?

And well played StuBro.

What a day's play.

FMD.
TBF, only Amir and Asif are proven as 'class bowlers,' and even that's not 100% set in stone. Not disputing the rest of the post mind you, an absolute cracker of an innings. Hoping for an early wicket here from Pakistan, though. Need to realise that they're not out of the game yet.

Spark

Global Moderator
Amir was bowling some truly unplayable deliveries for a session and a half though, it's a damn fine effort not to nick any.

Spark

Global Moderator
Uh oh Kamran.

---

Amir bowling way wide of off to a packed offside field to two 100+ batsman in a huge partnership rebuilding after a tricky situation.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Last edited: