• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Jacknife

International Captain
Epic days cricket two 100's and a 6 fer.Really enjoyed it,not to start off with but by tea time it was a very enjoyable.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was interesting to see the review of Ajmal's doosra from the no-ball camera.

I am aware that I have asked people to stop mentioning the legality of his action without evidence, so I thought I'd take a photo (thanks, Sky Plus) and post it up. Now tell me with a straight face that this is within 15 degrees.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I am aware that I have asked people to stop mentioning the legality of his action without evidence, so I thought I'd take a photo (thanks, Sky Plus) and post it up. Now tell me with a straight face that this is within 15 degrees.

Depends how much he straightens it tbf. If he just keeps it arm like that the whole time then it's 0 degrees. Now I'm not saying he does, but it makes it impossible to judge anything based on one frame.

Neil Pickup

You can bowl with a bent arm, as long as it stays bent all the way through, which is why you cant use freeze frames to determine that sort of thing. 15 degrees flex isnt it?
You're allowed 15 degrees of flexion within the elbow during the course of the delivery: obviously the biggest handicap with judging Muralitharan's action is the illusion that suggests it straightens: Ajmal does not have the same inherent "disability" - his arm does straighten. I am yet to see a single doosra bowled by a finger-spinner that looks legal.

When do we start coaching children to cheat?

Neil Pickup

Depends how much he straightens it tbf. If he just keeps it arm like that the whole time then it's 0 degrees. Now I'm not saying he does, but it makes it impossible to judge anything based on one frame.
Find me one bowler whose arm does not straighten to its maximum possible extent during delivery.

If you're going to say Muralitharan, read my wording again more carefully...

Stapel

International Regular
Find me one bowler whose arm does not straighten to its maximum possible extent during delivery.

If you're going to say Muralitharan, read my wording again more carefully...
I can see your point, but to prove things, you have to show it actually bends....

Edit:
What are we discussing...... This was just an amazing, really amazing, day of Test Cricket!

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
What an amazing day's cricket. Best day's play since 2005.

I wonder how high Trott's 149* will rate on the computer rankings system. Against a top-class bowling attack in very helpful conditions, while all about him were losing their wickets. If it ends up being a match-winner, it can't be far off Gooch's seminal 154* surely?

And well played StuBro.

What a day's play.

FMD.

The_roc

U19 Captain

If thats a legal delivery, my ****'s a kipper

slowfinger

International Debutant

:mellow: I kinda agree but the Umpires are happy so play resumes...

Burgey

Laaaaaaaddddddyyyyyyyyyyy Boooooooyyyyyyyyy....

Pat Pong Roads's favourite cricketer gets the job done.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Lol, CricketWeb has gone to dust when Neil Pickup uses a freeze-frame to try and incriminate a bowler.