• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sky don't think any father-and-son pairing had ever before made centuries for England. Micky Stewart's best was 87.

I am wondering if Salman Butt has been reading the chapter titled "How to manage your over rate" from Ricky's Big Book of Captaincy?

Pakistan about to burn a referral because this is outside the line.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sky don't think any father-and-son pairing had ever before made centuries for England. Micky Stewart's best was 87.

I am wondering if Salman Butt has been reading the chapter titled "How to manage your over rate" from Ricky's Big Book of Captaincy?

Pakistan about to burn a referral because this is outside the line.
If so that's fairly astonishing considering all the fathers and sons that have played first-class cricket in this country.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Very well played these 2....took the game away from Pak....its only going to be a miracle for Pak to win this test from this position....

I am completely surprised by these 2 innings tbh...was not expecting 2 tons at all...what character they have shown...

Neil Pickup

Desperation review,didn't look close in real time.
Which then means they are less tempted to review something that actually looks quite tight, like that one - Trott saved by the stride forward, I reckon.

There haven't actually been that many father/son pairings who have played Test cricket, to be fair, and I've never heard of half of them:

Chris & Stuart Broad
Alan & Mark Butcher
Colin & Chris Cowdrey
Joe Hardstaff senior & junior
Leonard & Richard Hutton
Jeff & Simon Jones
Frank & George Mann
Jim Parks senior & junior
Arnie & Ryan Sidebottom
Micky & Alec Stewart
Fred & Maurice Tate
Charlie & David Townsend

In other news, we're back to normal in the field.

Jacknife

International Captain
It's all about concentration with Broad,he's just not used to batting this long and you can see he's becoming a bit loose with his shots.

The_roc

U19 Captain
Couple of thoughts occurred:

1) Last #9 to ton up for England in tests? None spring to my mind, unless Fred or Chalky maybe batted that low for one of theirs? Maybe Chris "HMP" Lewis?
HMP only scored one ton and that was batting at 7. However the test (Chennai 1993) will be best remembered for the fact that Tufnell (sneeking in at 10 just before Devon Malcom) finished on a career best 22 no.

Neil Pickup

It's all about concentration with Broad,he's just not used to batting this long and you can see he's becoming a bit loose with his shots.
The fact that we're now into the 38th over of the session can't be helping matters - not that it looks like Trott is in the slightest bit bothered by it.

They're now into sixth on the all-time list that's topped by Saqlain and Wasim's 313. The next notable target is the English record of 246 - Ames and Allen at Lord's v NZ in 1931 - which is 15 runs away.

stumpski

International Captain
The fact that we're now into the 38th over of the session can't be helping matters - not that it looks like Trott is in the slightest bit bothered by it.

They're now into sixth on the all-time list that's topped by Saqlain and Wasim's 313. The next notable target is the English record of 246 - Ames and Allen at Lord's v NZ in 1931 - which is 15 runs away.
12 more to get, and with four overs to go, they could get it tonight - I assume 7 pm is the cut-off time?

The_roc

U19 Captain
When they were going through the Broad review they showed a freeze frame side on of Ajmal as he delivered the ball.

He's a chucker !!!!!!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
When they show the close-ups of the players, it really does look like a day-nighter being played in whites.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
You can bowl with a bent arm, as long as it stays bent all the way through, which is why you cant use freeze frames to determine that sort of thing. 15 degrees flex isnt it?