• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah just restating what others have been saying, these pitches have not been that bad, it's been good bowling exploiting technical deficiencies in quite helpful, this is not like the pitches where Steve Watkin and Neil Mallender (god bless him though) went through quality teams, those ploughed fields were a disgrace, but I'd still rather them then the batathons that happen too often in World cricket nowadays, IMHO.
Yeah - I don't really see why people are mentioning pitch conditions: there really hasn't been much in them at all. The key has been the fact that we haven't seen the sunlight for the last month, and consequently the atmospheric conditions have suited swing bowling for the majority of the series: except perhaps during the last couple of days at Edgbaston when Haider and Ajmal made merry.

I quite like the idea of bringing Ajmal on to Broad on 98*, looking to play on the nerves in the nineties and mis-time a swipe. Can't understand using Riaz, however, because things like that happen.

Now you just need to stop being such a **** and I might start to like you.

pskov

International 12th Man
Broad's dad has 6 test hundreds, wouldn't put it past him making more to be honest considering he's likely to play a lot more tests. He truly does has exceptional technique for a lower order batsman.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Couple of thoughts occurred:

1) Last #9 to ton up for England in tests? None spring to my mind, unless Fred or Chalky maybe batted that low for one of theirs? Maybe Chris "HMP" Lewis?

2) Last father & son combo to score test tons for England? The Stewarts, I'd guess? Aside from them, can't think of too many. Did Richard Hutton score a ton?

Teja.

Global Moderator

1) Last #9 to ton up for England in tests? None spring to my mind, unless Fred or Chalky maybe batted that low for one of theirs? Maybe Chris "HMP" Lewis?

John Murray was the last English #9 to make a ton.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

2) Last father & son combo to score test tons for England? The Stewarts, I'd guess? Aside from them, can't think of too many. Did Richard Hutton score a ton?
1) Apparently it was John Murray. Before him Gubby Allen. And that's it,

2) No, Richard Hutton didn't make a ton.

pasag

RTDAS
Made the point about Pak's lack of plan B earlier in the series, if you can just survive the early onslaught you can make merry and with a lower order as good as Englands that's always a good chance of happening even with a top order collapse.