• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Spark

Global Moderator
The guy on cricinfo initially thought Pak should have reviewed it but then realised they were right not to.
Butt seems to have the review sorted better than most, that's a couple of seemingly marginal reviews which would quite often be pushed upstairs that he's correctly declined now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Butt seems to have the review sorted better than most, that's a couple of seemingly marginal reviews which would quite often be pushed upstairs that he's correctly declined now.
Yeah, a couple of his batsmen still need to learn how to use it though

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, proper use of the review system should be considered an important part of captaincy from now on. We've seen it ****ed up enough.

50 partnership, really good stuff from these two giving us a sniff.

kingkallis

International Coach
To be honest, this is amazing cricket. I'd pay anything and everything to see a game like this than the recently concluded India vs SL series...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There's currently a very odd conversation on TMS between Boycott and Blofeld, who are being higely critical of Broad's batting in this series. Now I'm not saying it's been his best series with the bat, but he was instrumental in England making any sort of 1st innings score at the Oval and played a handy knock in helping us get out of sight at Trent Bridge. Plus he's made a handy contribution today. In all three cases, this was after most of the supposed batsmen failed. Am I missing something? I know he got out to a horrid shot in the 2nd innings at the Oval, but he only had Finn for company.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Supports the theory that as soon as bowlers think they're all-rounders and stop having a bit of fun things go straight to pot.

Jarquis

50 for Trott. Superb innings so far, can't believe there were actually calls to drop him after 1 slow innings in the last game. He's been far and away our best batsman this summer.
Don't think anyone really wanted to drop him. Just had major doubts about how he'd go in the Ashes.

Jarquis

There's currently a very odd conversation on TMS between Boycott and Blofeld, who are being higely critical of Broad's batting in this series. Now I'm not saying it's been his best series with the bat, but he was instrumental in England making any sort of 1st innings score at the Oval and played a handy knock in helping us get out of sight at Trent Bridge. Plus he's made a handy contribution today. In all three cases, this was after most of the supposed batsmen failed. Am I missing something? I know he got out to a horrid shot in the 2nd innings at the Oval, but he only had Finn for company.
Idiots, he currently has 120@24 in this series, batting at 9. Jeez.

Jacknife

International Captain
Some beautiful shots by Trott,it's a really good innings from him and Broad has supported him very well.