• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't fail to enjoy watching bowling like this no matter who is batting.

Swann failing at 8 is not bad in the long run, should stop (if it had not already) the ridiculous 5 bowlers idea without a genuine all rounder.

grecian

Yeah just restating what others have been saying, these pitches have not been that bad, it's been good bowling exploiting technical deficiencies in quite helpful, this is not like the pitches where Steve Watkin and Neil Mallender (god bless him though) went through quality teams, those ploughed fields were a disgrace, but I'd still rather them then the batathons that happen too often in World cricket nowadays, IMHO.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All of those draws (bar maybe one in South Africa? I don't remember for sure) were down to rain to some extent or another though. It sucks obviously, but unlike flat pitches, there's nothing much anyone can do about it.

In any case, I don't think you need stats to tell you there's been a big chunk of crap matches in India and Pakistan over the period.
Well, one could turn that argument around. It's possible to earn undeserved draws due to weather but atleast you have to bat out tough periods even on flat subcontinent tracks to get a draw.

I can count crap matches in India over the last five years on one hand. Pakistan, yeah, there've been a few.

EDIT : Personally, I think WI is becoming by far the worst venue for Test cricket.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
No dropped catches, and it shows with the confidence of the team and bowlers, really makes you think how great this bowling partnership could be without the crap catching. Really could rival Waqar and Wasim.
Pakistan never had great fielders..Wasim and Waqar did not have it any better either..well actually they did coz they had Moin/Latif who could at least catch..
But even then..Waqar 's 60% of dismissal is lbw/bowled so he kind of made the fielding irrelevant.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Have to find it amusing, the clamour on here to get Swanneh at number 8 and he's been dire.

Always go along with the "if it ain't broke" truism, he did wonders at 9, why change it?
Yeah, you and me both argued this last year

Feels good to be right :ph34r:

Spark

Global Moderator
Well, one could turn that argument around. It's possible to earn undeserved draws due to weather but atleast you have to bat out tough periods even on flat subcontinent tracks to get a draw.

I can count crap matches in India over the last five years on one hand. Pakistan, yeah, there've been a few.
Who said anything about India? I was just saying that runathons in general are a complete waste of time.

grecian

Pakistan never had great fielders..Wasim and Waqar did not have it any better either..well actually they did coz they had Moin/Latif who could at least catch..
But even then..Waqar 's 60% of dismissal is lbw/bowled so he kind of made the fielding irrelevant.
Oh I agree they were never great, but this side is one of the worst fielding sides I've ever seen.

Great 50 Trott. true Class.:)

King Pietersen

International Captain
50 for Trott. Superb innings so far, can't believe there were actually calls to drop him after 1 slow innings in the last game. He's been far and away our best batsman this summer.

vcs

Who said anything about India? I was just saying that runathons in general are a complete waste of time.
Was in reply to Uppercut.

I don't agree runathons are a complete waste of time either, but I'm in the minority on this and it's pretty irrelevant to this thread, so I'll let it go. :ph34r:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The bowlers ARE having to work a bit for their wickets.

The pitches are offering assistance, but the bowlers are having to bowl well to pick up wickets.

They're not bad batting decks either. Provided the batsmen are patient and play properly, there's not a lot of demons in the pitches.

Infinitely better cricket than watching a match served up on a road where there's virtually no chance of genuinely getting a batsman out.
:)

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Check this...came to my office turned on the computer...and expected another cricinfo headline saying rain delayed the start of the match...instead what do i find....Amir Rocks England! a Big Smile on my face...and what else would you want to start off a Friday!!!!!

Amir has just surpassed Asif on my superhero list.....

Uppercut

EDIT : Personally, I think WI is becoming by far the worst venue for Test cricket.
Yeah, the West Indies is getting horribad. Didn't mean to single you guys out :p.