• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wahab's not half the bowler the other two are though.
Yeah, but knowing England we'll probably get complacent and gift him a wicket or two.

Is it odd that I'm feeling quite happy at 74-5, reckon if the bowlers had had some luck, Pakistan could easily be batting now.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Harsh, IMHO. Only had one test to run my eye over the boy and he looks the goods too.
Not a bad bowler clearly, there's no shame in not being half the bowler the other two are. But he's not really the optimal type of bowler for such conditions. And can be quite inaccurate.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not a bad bowler clearly, there's no shame in not being half the bowler the other two are. But he's not really the optimal type of bowler for such conditions. And can be quite inaccurate.
Well, don't wanna disappear down a semantic cul-de-sac, but I think he looks better than half the bowler Aamer or Asif are. Not as good tho, obviously, but has pace, carry and swing too. Plenty to work with.

Proper quick's build too, which I'm a sucker for.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Looks potentially like a good partnership in the making - if these two can stay disciplined outside off stump they could do well. The scoring rate won't be high but I don't think that matters.

Spinner on now will be interesting to see how they play him.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are these ultra-low scoring games really that much better than the bat-fests in the subcontinent? I just don't see it, TBH.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Are these ultra-low scoring games really that much better than the bat-fests in the subcontinent? I just don't see it, TBH.
Deafinitely, and I wouldn't call them ultra low scoring games either, in the 2nd test the scores were around the 200 - 300 mark and that was just fine. Trott and Prior can easily push this up to half decent total as well.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Mate, the reason a lot of India's matches are boring is because we are the No.1 side in the world and according to the ICC rankings a dominant side while Pak and England are more evenly matched. I don't blame you at all, You are used to seeing batting of the caliber of India's.

India

India

:ph34r: