• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't think you can give that. If fielder's not sure and pics aren't conclusive the benefit to the batsman is fair enough.

'Specially when we're 47/5, like.

First time ever England's #4, 5 & 6 have all made blobs in one innings, apparently. Breaking new ground of direness.

Feck another edge for 4 from Trott.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to agree; only really Pietersen's was a gash shot, the others have just been very, very good bowling.
And everyone's been ranting about how KP should play the way he used to, so it's a bit hypocritical that they then criticise him for getting out driving.

Spark

Global Moderator
Why do I always miss the juicy bits? 51/5 was not what I was expecting at all when I switched onto cricinfo.

Uppercut

Yeah. Fact is he's completely out of touch and is unlikely to score any runs however he bats. But whether he plays aggressively or defensively, there'll be people who'll say he should do the opposite.

Uppercut

That's a monstrous delivery from Asif. He only averages like, 27 this series. He's been way too good for the batsman more often than he's been not good enough.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If you bat aggressively and play a shot poorly (i.e. with **** technique) you ought to be criticised, whether you're KP or Dravid.

If you normally score runs with that sort of shot (Sehwag) then it is hypocrtical. But KP's technique was all over the shop with his dismissal.

Spark

Global Moderator
That's actually not a great delivery as unless your name is Bradman you're not gonna edge it.

Unplayable.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah. Fact is he's completely out of touch and is unlikely to score any runs however he bats. But whether he plays aggressively or defensively, there'll be people who'll say he should do the opposite.
I'm criticizing a **** brainless shot for the situation he's in. I also don't think I've talked about him playing his natural game either, so your argument seems a tad Strawnanish.

Zinzan

That's a monstrous delivery from Asif. He only averages like, 27 this series. He's been way too good for the batsman more often than he's been not good enough.
Agreed, he & Amir compliment one another so damn well as a unit

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Possibly the biggest no-ball I've seen that; like 18 inches over the line.

Follows it up with a jaffa, shapes into the right-hander and leaves him on pitching. Sheesh. Kwality stuff.

Know we're copping an arseholing, but really this is far better than yer 700/6 declared jobbies.

Uppercut

If you bat aggressively and play a shot poorly (i.e. with **** technique) you ought to be criticised, whether you're KP or Dravid.

If you normally score runs with that sort of shot (Sehwag) then it is hypocrtical. But KP's technique was all over the shop with his dismissal.
His defensive technique is shot to pieces too. He just can't bat at the moment. It's fair enough to criticise his pure crapness but I don't think there's anything he can do tactically (in terms of the balance between being positive and responsible) that would nab him any more runs.

Uppercut

I'm criticizing a **** brainless shot for the situation he's in. I also don't think I've talked about him playing his natural game either, so your argument seems a tad Strawnanish.
KP played brainlessly when he was at his best tbf. Don't think it matters whether he plays crap shots or scratches around uselessly.