• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
And who gets brought in for Pietersen? Bopara? lol

Personally, I don't think Pietersen is the sort of character who'd react well to being dropped to Hampshire Second XI by scoring a stack of runs and getting his confidence back - he'd probably just have a hissy fit and refuse to play the game. Unless you don't think he's one of the best four middle order batsmen in the country then I really think you need to just ride out his poor form.
100% on point - again. KP can't be dropped. Regardless of his poor form - AUS bowlers will still be worried about him than any other ENG batsmen.

Only way KP should be considered being dropped if if he has a further batting slump in first 2-3 Ashes test comparable to Shane Warne with the ball vs Windies 99/00.

tooextracool

International Coach
And who gets brought in for Pietersen? Bopara? lol

Personally, I don't think Pietersen is the sort of character who'd react well to being dropped to Hampshire Second XI by scoring a stack of runs and getting his confidence back - he'd probably just have a hissy fit and refuse to play the game. Unless you don't think he's one of the best four middle order batsmen in the country then I really think you need to just ride out his poor form.
If Bopara is the best replacement then so be it. I do think he (Pietersen) is part of England's 4 best batsmen, but hes been out of form for almost 2 years now. Im not sure why thats pardonable, because I think hes deserves to get the kick up the backside that hes long deserved. Sorry but theres no place for complacency in this form of the game. Nor should any professional cricketer be pardoned for throwing a 'hissy fit' after being dropped, its all part and parcel of the game and if he cant handle it, then Im not sure he should be playing this game

Furthermore, what he really needs is confidence. He needs to figure out how to score runs again and then come back and bat like we know he can. Hes going to struggle doing that against Asif whos made him his bunny in this and past series. Instead he could get some runs under his belt and show up in Australia with some confidence.

tooextracool

International Coach
100% on point - again. KP can't be dropped. Regardless of his poor form - AUS bowlers will still be worried about him than any other ENG batsmen.

Only way KP should be considered being dropped if if he has a further batting slump in first 2-3 Ashes test comparable to Shane Warne with the ball vs Windies 99/00.
I dont think he should be dropped for Australia, but I think he needs to be rested for the next test against Pakistan

Sir Alex

Banned
I think English cricketers/fans should stop treating this series as a warm up to Ashes. Instead of focussing on the job at hand, they're more concerned about the right combination for the Ashes. Just like how one take a one day series as part of preparatory trial and error for the World Cup. While the latter is understandable, the former makes no sense. Ashes may matter a lot to the two teams involved, understandably, but not taking other series' hence seriously will harm them more than benefit.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
^ True that....time to get real.....God i am so hoping YK comes back..then we will see what England focuses on, Ashes or the 4th test...mind you...this England side managed to lose a test to Pak at home after 9 years...A lot of talk went around how Pak won after 15 years against Australia..this should be a wake up call for Eng. as well.

pasag

RTDAS
I think English cricketers/fans should stop treating this series as a warm up to Ashes. Instead of focussing on the job at hand, they're more concerned about the right combination for the Ashes. Just like how one take a one day series as part of preparatory trial and error for the World Cup. While the latter is understandable, the former makes no sense. Ashes may matter a lot to the two teams involved, understandably, but not taking other series' hence seriously will harm them more than benefit.
I think it's an easy and somewhat lazy criticism to make though - trying to find the right team has parallel objectives in both winning the Ashes and being better in general, including this series right now. It would be one thing if you rested one of your starting XI to find the right combo but as far as I know that's not happening nor being advocated. Still, any criticism of England is a good criticism, so carry on :p

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
I think it's an easy and somewhat lazy criticism to make though - trying to find the right team has parallel objectives in both winning the Ashes and being better in general, including this series right now. It would be one thing if you rested one of your starting XI to find the right combo but as far as I know that's not happening nor being advocated. Still, any criticism of England is a good criticism, so carry on :p
u anti - english supporter? :unsure:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Everyone is anti-English. Even the English.
This. :D

Still found myself cheering for them at the end of the match though. I seem to be among the minority of Indian supporters still struggling to change a lifetime's habit of supporting India and whoever plays Pakistan. :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This time last year we had started talking about who should go to South Africa and we were still playing the aussies. It's just thinking ahead.

That being said, Ashes>everything

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How likely is it that Peter Siddle will be fit? I think he'd fancy the prospect of bowling at Trott.
For some reason I think a Siddle type bowler will enjoy bowling to Morgan the most.

Just regarding the Test, well done Pakistan, awesome performance, hope the series ends up level 2 all.