• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kumar Sangakkara- rank him

Teja.

Global Moderator
Among those Batsman whose Career started in the early years of the 00s, I would put him just below Sehwag. Amazing to watch. and most importantly, the classiest sledger of 'em all.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Among those Batsman whose Career started in the early years of the 00s, I would put him just below Sehwag. Amazing to watch. and most importantly, the classiest sledger of 'em all.
AWTA- but he wasn't surely worse than Sehwag, you just can't say that.

Teja.

Global Moderator
AWTA- but he wasn't surely worse than Sehwag, you just can't say that.
If you misinterpreted my statement, What I meant is IMO, Sanga is the second best Batsman to start his career in the early 00s, after a certain Virender Sehwag. It's perfectly understandable to think the contrary and most people do so.

slowfinger

International Debutant
If you misinterpreted my statement, What I meant is IMO, Sanga is the second best Batsman to start his career in the early 00s, after a certain Virender Sehwag. It's perfectly understandable to think the contrary and most people do so.
No I agree on that I just don't think anyone can say Sehwag is a better batsman is all.

Migara

International Coach
Sanga is better than Sehwag when it comes to test cricket. Averages 50 both in and out of the sub continent

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think it is unreasonable to have the opposite opinion though, considering Sehwag's unique match-winning abilities combined with a fantastic average.

Probably fair to say Sanga's the better all-round, all-conditions batsman to have in your team, though.

Migara

International Coach
I don't think it is unreasonable to have the opposite opinion though, considering Sehwag's unique match-winning abilities combined with a fantastic average.

Probably fair to say Sanga's the better all-round, all-conditions batsman to have in your team, though.
That is also a match winning ability.