• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warne vs Murali Discussion

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Lara dominated Murali, as did Australia in general. Sachin dominated Warne, as did India in general. No spinner has a flawless record.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Warne is the one whom I modelled my action after and I really love him to bits but I rate Murali higher despite the lack lustre performances by Murali in the last couple of years.

Murali gets another fiver against the best players of spin...8 wickets in the match....how much difference does that make to the current discussion???

Migara

International Coach
Warne is the one whom I modelled my action after and I really love him to bits but I rate Murali higher despite the lack lustre performances by Murali in the last couple of years.
I actually have not seen Warne when I first took up wrist spin in early 1990, but astonished to see the similarity in my action with him (as well as being fat, long haired and having strong fingers). After that tried to copy what ever he bowled, but could never bowl a flipper nor a slider the way he bowled it. But, I admire Murali more the way he has played the game.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Warne's action and bowling is mesmerising. Can watch him bowl all day, all 5 days. Probably my greatest pleasure in cricket has been derived seeing Warne bowl.

shankar

International Debutant
Warne's action and bowling is mesmerising. Can watch him bowl all day, all 5 days. Probably my greatest pleasure in cricket has been derived seeing Warne bowl.
Same for me. I consider Warne to be the bowling equivalent to watching Sachin bat. Was lovely to watch even during this IPL when he was a shadow of himself.