• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Test Team In The World?

Which is the best test side in the world?

• Total voters

Migara

International Coach
Well, Sree's torn his medial collateral ligament. That's pretty much a guarantee we'll never see the same bowler again, even if he does manage to get on his feet in the next couple of months. Granted it's not his bowling front leg, he's still going to struggle with a rythmic run up. I think it's safe to say he's going to be following in Yuvraj's footsteps as far as athleticism goes.
Medial collateral ligament is one of the worst to tear. The worst is the cruciate ligaments. One such tear ended Prabath Nissanka's career, who was arguably the best fast bowling talent SL had for a long time.

akilana

International 12th Man
England with the bowling of Anderson, Broad and Finn? no chance. Their batting is batting is brittle. They need to show start winning away from home.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Faisal, I love your enthusiasm but how anyone can put "Pakistan" and "best team" together when discussing Tests is beyond me.

As far as the poll is concerned, I don’t think there’s a clear cut favorite right now between RSA, India, Eng, and Aus.
Honestly, should add Pakistan to that list. They lack a couple of experienced test bats atm to guide talented batsmen like Umar Akmal. Let Younis Khan and Moyo play in the side for 1-2 years and they would be world beaters. Would comfortably be on par with Aus and Rsa and definitely better than India with age not working in our favour.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Personally feel even the bigger problem for Pak right now over and above its batting is a brain and a captain in the same body....i am hoping Butt has the brain.....if he does...this will solve a number of problems...

Faisal1985

Faisal, I love your enthusiasm but how anyone can put "Pakistan" and "best team" together when discussing Tests is beyond me.

As far as the poll is concerned, I don’t think there’s a clear cut favorite right now between RSA, India, Eng, and Aus.
I know i know....at least when Pak is a world beater hopefully in the next 3-5 years with Amir, Umar and other youngsters mature and legends in the making....i would be proud to say i stuck with my team through tough times even if it meant writing blank motivational statements...

NasserFan207

Pakistan's batting isn't nearly good enough to be considered. Bar a couple of exceptions, they're on par with Bangladesh in tests.

Plus they need more positive results.

Faisal1985

Pakistan's batting isn't nearly good enough to be considered. Bar a couple of exceptions, they're on par with Bangladesh in tests.

Plus they need more positive results.

No, i think Pak's exceptional bowling covers a lot more then just being at par with Bangladesh. They have been hostage to some very poor captaincy as well...

Jezroy

State Captain
No, i think Pak's exceptional bowling covers a lot more then just being at par with Bangladesh. They have been hostage to some very poor captaincy as well...
I think he just meant the batting. Pretty obvious that Pak bowling>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Banger bowling

Jezroy

State Captain
So where does that put OZ?

May be you should stop talking like you still have McGrath, Warne, Gilchrist, Hayden in your side and face the reality.
Oz were much better than Pak vs NZ in NZ last summer - plus don't forget the hiding Aus gave Pak over there. I know that the current test is looking good - but it is hardly time to start saying that Pakistan are a better test team than Australia. Because they aren't.

Jezroy

State Captain
Honestly, should add Pakistan to that list. They lack a couple of experienced test bats atm to guide talented batsmen like Umar Akmal. Let Younis Khan and Moyo play in the side for 1-2 years and they would be world beaters. Would comfortably be on par with Aus and Rsa and definitely better than India with age not working in our favour.
If you're going to put Pakistan on this list you should put SL. I think it's exciting that it's too close to call, but I think for overall results in all conditions in the last 18, you have to pick Sth Africa. Though they would look a very different side without one Dale Steyn. He is the difference between SA and the rest at the moment IMO - someone that can consistantly rip through batting line ups and have the other bowlers work around him.

Yes Pakistan have a good bowling line up, but nothing like the batting line ups of RSA, Aus, Eng, Ind, SL. Even NZ and WI have a better batting line up than Pak at the moment and both those teams are struggling in tests.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I'd love to know how on earth Pak made the list and yet WI were excluded? :unsure: Pak haven't beaten Ind, Eng, Aus or SA in a test series for four years while we just beat Eng last year!!, they were also white washed in Australia unlike us!!, i know full well we aren't the best side but it seems like we get stick and totally written off after we get beaten while Pak somehow get a free pass, it was only last week they got heavily beaten by Aus but i guess that's all been forgotten after their good performance yesterday!! 8-) ,

I ain't hating on Pak and i enjoy watching them bowl but recent form shows they aren't better than us, lately we've had to tackle Aus away from home without half our team and then face the side many here are calling the best at the moment (SA) also without five of our first team players.

As for who the best is, well to me it looks like India and Aus have regressed, India in their bowling and Aus in their batting, while SA (a team i can't stand right now tbh) have just stayed the same, their batting line-up is hard to deal with, we removed the top order twice for 107/5 and 123/5 but they then have Devilliers, Prince and Boucha to save their bacon down the order so it's hard to keep them under 250 these days, then of course their bowling is as dangerous as it gets right now with Steyn and Morkel going well, Eng are also in fine form and can beat anyone on their day, the top sides these days are very good at home so i guess the best side will be the one who can actually win away against their main rivals.

DingDong

State Captain
I'd love to know how on earth Pak made the list and yet WI were excluded? :unsure: Pak haven't beaten Ind, Eng, Aus or SA in a test series for four years while we just beat Eng last year!!, they were also white washed in Australia unlike us!!, i know full well we aren't the best side but it seems like we get stick and totally written off after we get beaten while Pak somehow get a free pass, it was only last week they got heavily beaten by Aus but i guess that's all been forgotten after their good performance yesterday!! 8-) ,

I ain't hating on Pak and i enjoy watching them bowl but recent form shows they aren't better than us, lately we've had to tackle Aus away from home without half our team and then face the side many here are calling the best at the moment (SA) also without five of our first team players.

As for who the best is, well to me it looks like India and Aus have regressed, India in their bowling and Aus in their batting, while SA (a team i can't stand right now tbh) have just stayed the same, their batting line-up is hard to deal with, we removed the top order twice for 107/5 and 123/5 but they then have Devilliers, Prince and Boucha to save their bacon down the order so it's hard to keep them under 250 these days, then of course their bowling is as dangerous as it gets right now with Steyn and Morkel going well, Eng are also in fine form and can beat anyone on their day, the top sides these days are very good at home so i guess the best side will be the one who can actually win away against their main rivals.
so in conclusion wi are the best team in the world?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
so in conclusion wi are the best team in the world?
Well...

Please try reading my posts properly in future, i'm not a fan of explaining things twice.

Howsie

International Captain
If you know the West Indies aren't the best team going around, or even in the mix why the hell would you bring them up?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Pakistan are the best team in Tests at producing a batting order that is likely to collapse after being scraped by a butterfly's stray pube?