• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Test Team In The World?

Which is the best test side in the world?

• Total voters

Sir Alex

Banned
Yeah and thats acknowledged but still, hes hardly one of the best in the world at the best of times.
I would disagree. When he gets going he can run through any batting lieup but he needs the ball to swing, and his brain to work which usually don't go together. Please check out his record in result matches and bore draws

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah I believe Alex is on the money here. Sreesanth at his best is pretty damn devastating.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I would disagree. When he gets going he can run through any batting lieup but he needs the ball to swing, and his brain to work which usually don't go together. Please check out his record in result matches and bore draws
Na mate you aren't listening I'm not dismissing him as a handy Test bowler but hell New Zealand have got handy Test bowlers. But Sreesanth is well behind many other fast bowlers in world cricket. Potentially Australian 3rd XI kind of behind.

Sir Alex

Banned
Na mate you aren't listening I'm not dismissing him as a handy Test bowler but hell New Zealand have got handy Test bowlers. But Sreesanth is well behind many other fast bowlers in world cricket. Potentially Australian 3rd XI kind of behind.
A test average of 33 odd (?) in 4 years and despite playing on some of real bowler killer surfaces beg to disagree. Unless you are talking about an all time Australian XI.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
33 is crap average Sir Alex. Consider Imran's average in the days of batting draws and you have a benchmark.

kingkallis

International Coach
SAF currently have the best bowling attack with a good batting line as well...so thats the choice as of now!

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't vote for anyone on this poll. SA's last three relevant series include one of the biggest turnarounds test-to-test of all time to fail to win in India, failure to beat England at home, and defeat at home to Australia when everyone knew victory would mean they were truly #1.

Hey, it's not that long ago people were calling for Smith's head based on the argument that he'd taken them as far as they could go.

There are no single stand-out sides in world cricket today, which makes for compelling viewing. The only thing you can be sure of is the fact that Pakistan will do something ridiculous.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I think Aus-Eng and Ind-RSA will be a big time for cricket. Two series which will give a lot of answers. Are they happening at the same time? Could watch cricket for 12 hours if the case is so as the timings don't overlap. I don't know what I will do regarding work though. :S

Teja.

Global Moderator
I think Aus-Eng and Ind-RSA will be a big time for cricket. Two series which will give a lot of answers. Are they happening at the same time? Could watch cricket for 12 hours if the case is so as the timings don't overlap. I don't know what I will do regarding work though. :S
I'm praying Sree will not get himself injured for the Ind-RSA series.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I'm praying Sree will not get himself injured for the Ind-RSA series.
Well, Sree's torn his medial collateral ligament. That's pretty much a guarantee we'll never see the same bowler again, even if he does manage to get on his feet in the next couple of months. Granted it's not his bowling front leg, he's still going to struggle with a rythmic run up. I think it's safe to say he's going to be following in Yuvraj's footsteps as far as athleticism goes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I went with England. I just think they have the most balanced team currently.

Very difficult to chose though, very exciting times. :)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really think Pak is the best team....they just don't really show it in the field ....
1 exceptional bowler

1 exceptional bowler in the making

Reasonable test spinner

Rest are not much more than Banga standard

Sad thing is that they're too good for Oz atm

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
1 exceptional bowler

1 exceptional bowler in the making

Reasonable test spinner

Rest are not much more than Banga standard

Sad thing is that they're too good for Oz atm
So where does that put OZ?

May be you should stop talking like you still have McGrath, Warne, Gilchrist, Hayden in your side and face the reality.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
I really think Pak is the best team....they just don't really show it in the field ....
Faisal, I love your enthusiasm but how anyone can put "Pakistan" and "best team" together when discussing Tests is beyond me.

As far as the poll is concerned, I don’t think there’s a clear cut favorite right now between RSA, India, Eng, and Aus.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So where does that put OZ?

May be you should stop talking like you still have McGrath, Warne, Gilchrist, Hayden in your side and face the reality.
I did say that Pakistan were "too good for Oz atm" so that means we are worse