• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

Sir Alex

Banned
I think it was just over confidence by Ponting. ut this performance by Australia is quite spineless. They are missing someone like Gilchrist who could score a quick 100 in such trying circumstances.

kingkallis

International Coach
Cricinfo's

"That is, incidentally, the lowest score by a team electing to bat first since 1957"

stat even more interesting.

Oh and hopefully England might actually play straight when they face Pakistan. Definitely showed up modern batting. I want a Boycott rant.
And people dont like RDs and Kalliss and Chanders :dry:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Play is held up momentarily by Mohammad Aamer, of all people, walking behind the bowler's arm

:laugh::laugh::laugh: He's just a kid.....

Jayzamann

International Regular
If Salman falls cheaply, anything can happen.

But when you're conceding over 10% of the deficit in 5 deliveries... errrgh

Spark

Global Moderator
I think it was just over confidence by Ponting. ut this performance by Australia is quite spineless. They are missing someone like Gilchrist who could score a quick 100 in such trying circumstances.
Think you're being a bit rose-tinted there. The ball was curving a bucketload. Of all the dismissals, I would only call Clarke's truly spineless.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
But this is what Ponting did in Sydney and ended up winning the game...so with Pakistan...Ponting knows he can take risks of that magnitude... If by a miracle Pak manages to take a 100-150 run lead, then i think would be the right time to criticize Ponting for that decision.....he is trusting his bowlers at the moment..which is fair...

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah the Oz batting line-up is poor, but honestly how great are the Pakistani seamers, potentially frightening.

social

But this is what Ponting did in Sydney and ended up winning the game...so with Pakistan...Ponting knows he can take risks of that magnitude... If by a miracle Pak manages to take a 100-150 run lead, then i think would be the right time to criticize Ponting for that decision.....he is trusting his bowlers at the moment..which is fair...
He actually has too much faith in his batsmen and not enough in his bowlers to take advantage of favourable conditions

88 is a disaster and his decision at the toss played right to his opponents' strengths

Sir Alex

Banned
Think you're being a bit rose-tinted there. The ball was curving a bucketload. Of all the dismissals, I would only call Clarke's truly spineless.
Yeah I am not discounting Pak effort at all. But fact is Australian batsmen were just not upto the task today.

Hmmm.. perhaps on home grounds yes. But I seriously believe he misread the conditions here, or put far too much trust on the batting lineup.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Australia bowling some real dross so far and they have already bowled more crap balls than Pakistan have in their whole innings.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He actually has too much faith in his batsmen and not enough in his bowlers to take advantage of favourable conditions

88 is a disaster and his decision at the toss played right to his opponents' strengths
This. He should have never backed the Aussie batting given their lack of strength in these circumstances.

Mister Wright

OMG! Just got home and had a look at the score. Simply amazing! Wish my computer wasn't slow tonight and the scorecard would low.

Really, you'd be confident of Australia getting beaten from here, but against Pakistan you can never write the opposition off.