• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
Tbf what is the purpose of life if not to troll poms? It's what gets me up in the morning, why I study, go to work. If we banned that there would be no reason to go on living.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A gang is a group of three or more people who, through the organization, formation, and establishment of an assemblage, share a common identity

:ph34r::ph34r:
:happy:
Oh well done, semantics clearly kills your and Pratters hypocrisy:)

Anyway I don't really understand this thread anymore, as I've said I enjoyed the World Cup on here. Giving out a few sprays was all good, my only beef was a fuss made over a light-hearted post. Sir Alex, SS and GF got abused a bit, but ones a troll, one other can take it, and the others a sweatty, so deserves it.:)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Oh well done, semantics clearly kills your and Pratters hypocrisy:)

Anyway I don't really understand this thread anymore, as I've said I enjoyed the World Cup on here. Giving out a few sprays was all good, my only beef was a fuss made over a light-hearted post. Sir Alex, SS and GF got abused a bit, but ones a troll, one other can take it, and the others a sweatty, so deserves it.:)
What Hypocrisy?

I was just making a light hearted point about the usernames on here based on hindi film actors and Pratters agreed.

We were not calling him to be banned or dismissing him as a troll everywhere and having a dig at him in different threads in different forums and on top of that dismissing his opinion by making one line smart arse comments and almost forcing him to troll.

Infact I personally would want BruceCampbell back in the forums as i feel he was passionate about cricket and did contribute.

And did we want some standards to be applied to some others and some others to ourselves? And if that not happens starting silly threads in a group and teaming up against certain posters and turning on a mod you previously supported.

Perhaps Gang Mentality was too strong a term to use ,but i said "almost a kind of gang mentality" and besides that English is not my first language ,so please excuse me if it was too strong a term.

grecian

What Hypocrisy?

I was just making a light hearted point about the usernames on here based on hindi film actors and Pratters agreed.

We were not calling him to be banned or dismissing him as a troll everywhere and having a dig at him in different threads in different forums and on top of that dismissing his opinion by making one line smart arse comments and almost forcing him to troll.

Infact I personally would want BruceCampbell back in the forums as i feel he was passionate about cricket and did contribute.

And did we want some standards to be applied to some others and some others to ourselves? And if that not happens starting silly threads in a group and teaming up against certain posters and turning on a mod you previously supported.

Perhaps Gang Mentality was too strong a term to use ,but i said "almost a kind of gang mentality" and besides that English is not my first language ,so please excuse me if it was too strong a term.
The point is Sir Alex is teamed up on because people believe he's a multi of a previously banned poster. This is the main reason people are ganging up on him. Your assertions that Bruce Campbell et cetera are one and the same is enough to get him banned, if believed.

Anyway I don't think I participate in the Sir Alex thing, I have him on ignore, as CPR suggested earlier in the thread. Yet he posts so much it's not easy to ignore, occasionally his more trolling comments are quoted by others.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The point is Sir Alex is teamed up on because people believe he's a multi of a previously banned poster. This is the main reason people are ganging up on him. Your assertions that Bruce Campbell et cetera are one and the same is enough to get him banned, if believed.

Anyway I don't think I participate in the Sir Alex thing, I have him on ignore, as CPR suggested earlier in the thread. Yet he posts so much it's not easy to ignore, occasionally his more trolling comments are quoted by others.
Hence why ignore isn't worth bothering with

Son Of Coco

I've got that crap early/mid 90s one hit wonder song in my head.

'and i said heeyyyyyeeeeeeyyyyyeyyyyyyeyyyeyyy i said hey! what's going on!'
I was thinking about the 4 Non Blondes in relation to another thread earlier on too. Scary, for a number of reasons.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Will someone please reply my previous post here on including some new features ?
Please try not to bump your posts like that. If people feel like commenting, they will do so. They do not need an invitation or to be begged.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Imagine if I'd gone into the India-Aus thread after Sydneygate and chortled about how India had choked. That pretty much sums up how it was for us.
People did. It's OK. Hell, I said that very same thing.

I'm not Australian but I know from speaking with a couple of them that that was how they saw your posts after the Germany game...

Look, just over a year ago, my domestic team lost out on a play-off place in the last minute of the season. I was totally distraught, a grown man being consoled by one of his two-year old daughters is laughably pathetic...but the way everyone in the footy thread responded was amazing, and sympathetic.

Then a few days later, grecian made a joke at my expense about it, and that's all good because I'm not raw anymore...it's the unwritten rule. Me and my sister's bf txt each other footy abuse all the time but when it's massive, there's an unspoken rule that we don't do it.

Maybe it's just me anyway, dunno. Certainly don't have a problem with people telling me my teams are ****...they generally are...timing and awareness are key though, because football is in my blood like so many others here and it does make me act differently to pretty much anything else in the world
Truthfully, they are/were welcome to do that to me when US went out. If you're saying that people just take it too personally - that's an issue that lies with them, not everyone else.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
When a team goes out the WC and you do that then this is the very definition of trolling, well done.
Just laughing? No, it certainly is not. People laugh all the time when something like that happens in cricket. It's possible to dislike a team. People did that all the time when Australia were dominant - some people do that with India right now. That's sports.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
It's interesting, I mean when I heard/saw the England/Germany result, I laughed but more because of how they lost (with the disallowed goal) rather than the fact that they lost in itself.

Still, it's not a person's problem if they take it personally. There has to be a duty of care from those posters without emotional involvement towards those with such a relationship.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
There has to be a duty of care from those posters without emotional involvement towards those with such a relationship.
Are we going to start warning people the next time someone laughs or finds it amusing that India loses a Test, or maybe their favorite IPL team does? In many places, cricket inspires as much passion as football does elsewhere. We've never done something like that, and it happens quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.