• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Pretty sure the forums are only this bad now because CWXI died. So it's all Simon's, and the BCCI's, fault.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
It'd be even more unfortunate if we had a victim mentality to go along with it. Luckily those don't exist on CricketWeb.

Apparently.
You woundn't last one day on this forum if people seriously started telling you are a Precam Multi.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
+ 1

There is almost a kind of gang mentality going on ,which is unfortunate.
I think 'gang mentality'is a bit strong, but it does get a bit annoying when members seemingly get followed around and have the same thing said to them again and again by certain members who are friends.

Gets old pretty quickly.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
You have mentioned my name twice in your rant.

A) I was laughing at England being dire and I didn't continue with it. It was just a few posts. People laugh at how **** England are (check out the fielding mishaps, the legendry one by Phil Tufnell). South Africa has often choked or played poorly in their history as well and no one has started crying that others are laughing at them.

I think the insults on the English football team needn't be taken personally.

And the continuing discussion of which the better league was - EPL or La Liga, I can just say I like the style o fLa Liga better and would watch it any day ahead of EPL.

Also, I would like to add, in a discussion with Brumby during the same time period in that thread, I mentioned how I admired the small differences in English accents etc and admired the country for these things. I see you have completely ignored that.

Two more things - After I got banned, you abused me calling me a ****ing ****** and got away with it, I just let it go. It was not some thing I was to make an issue of.

Look how you reacted to your being banned - You IMed me 'thanks for getting me banned. I will ignore you and remove you from facebook blah blah.).

Two cases, two completely different reactions. All I can say is that you are just whinging and crying and it doesn't look good on you at all. :mellow:

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought you were meant to be taking this whole internet forum thing less seriously since your 'return'?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
from a personal perspective, i think that posters who take any criticism of their favourite player/team/country/sport etc personally are far more annoying and a much greater blight on the forum.

Basically, if you not interested in debate then join lemmingsrus and talk to yourself
awta.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You have mentioned my name twice in your rant.

A) I was laughing at England being dire and I didn't continue with it. It was just a few posts. People laugh at how **** England are (check out the fielding mishaps, the legendry one by Phil Tufnell). South Africa has often choked or played poorly in their history as well and no one has started crying that others are laughing at them.

I think the insults on the English football team needn't be taken personally.

And the continuing discussion of which the better league was - EPL or La Liga, I can just say I like the style o fLa Liga better and would watch it any day ahead of EPL.

Also, I would like to add, in a discussion with Brumby during the same time period in that thread, I mentioned how I admired the small differences in English accents etc and admired the country for these things. I see you have completely ignored that.

Two more things - After I got banned, you abused me calling me a ****ing ****** and got away with it, I just let it go. It was not some thing I was to make an issue of.

Look how you reacted to your being banned - You IMed me 'thanks for getting me banned. I will ignore you and remove you from facebook blah blah.).

Two cases, two completely different reactions. All I can say is that you are just whinging and crying and it doesn't look good on you at all. :mellow:
6.5/10

:ph34r:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The fact that he hasn't been perma'd yet is one of the worst things about this forum at the minute, in particular in CC. Last year there was a bit of a stir when sledger got handed a perma for duplicate accounts, even though they were , in fact, not him. Sir Alex is a multi. We can talk about evidence til the cows come home, every man and his dog knows he is Precambrian, this alone should see him shelved for good. But even if, for whatever reason, he doesn't get banned (and if he's not being banned for that then let's bring back Cricket_Fanatic and Spanish_Vicente who were entertaining multis) for that, his consistent trolling should see him shelved. He's no better than a sideshowtim or wdfu_ben91 who have both been binned. You get rid of him, CW improves, a bit.
I was banned when I started a thread with this and you yourself rolled your eyes saying report to the mods. Why are you openly saying it now? Rules changed much? Heh.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't want to and won't get into a mud slinging match with GIMH or any one else on this issue. I have said what I feel. Nothing personal.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Give everyone 3 and be done with it.
This. No joke. might be a bit extreme but would be interesting. James could schedule some normal system updates as that seems to cripple the forum, and we could see what 72 hours without CW would be like. Re-evaluate life, go for a walk, play mini-golf...it would do us the world of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.