• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

aussie tragic

International Captain
I see Katich has jumped from 12 to 6 in the rankings after this Test....so he and Clarke will be fighting for the # 5 spot next test (Clarke 5th on 818 pts; Katich has 807 pts)

Watson also finally in the top 10 allrounders coming in at # 9

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bit rich to couple Asif with Steyn in that bracket when Steyn's 100 ranking points clear of Asif and then it's only a further 30 back to Johnson.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If Hilfenhaus isn't fit, I'm really looking forward to seeing how George performs with the ball next Test. The wicket at Headingley offers good movement for the bowlers, so I think it's going to suit George well as he's done well in Tassie on a few occasions.

Bollinger should move up to number 10 in the batting too. :cool:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Bit rich to couple Asif with Steyn in that bracket when Steyn's 100 ranking points clear of Asif and then it's only a further 30 back to Johnson.
All in good time my friend..all in good time..Asif has barely played many test matches..and in the ones he has played, he has been phenomenal.. Matter of time before he topples Steyn.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I am glad Afridi left the test captaincy on his own. I knew something like this was going to happen because Pakistan was going to lose all 6 test matches this summer.

It was a brave and honest decision unlike many who cling on to captaincy despite not being fit for it.
Afridi was never fit for the test team and thankfully he has realised that. He does have a role to play as a bowler and fielder in the ODI and T20 sides.

Butt, while not the best but is the only option now. I just hope PCB realize that its not his fault as a captain when the team loses 0-2 to Australia and 0-4 to England.

You know what..! Australia is going to LOSE the Ashes BIG TIME.......go on and beat an orphaned Pak team...and enjoy it while you are at it...cuz come the time when you face a team with some real batsmen even the 1st choice SMITHIYsss wouldn't be good enough...

Peace Kangaroos! :cool:
:laugh::laugh: relax buddy..I told you not to get your expectations too high..You said I was being too negative..

For the next 2 years at least...do not have your expectations too high.. Just watch Pakistan cricket to see the growth of players like Aamer or Umar Akmal..and enjoy Aamer and Asif own the Pontings, Clarkes and Pietersons of the world and ignore it when the pathetic batsmen ruin their hard work.

Yousuf has very conveniently said he will return later for the South Africa series in UAE...he knows clearly that the only way he can maintain his average is he play avoids teams like Australia and overseas seaming conditions..a UAE flat tracker is the perfect launch pad for him.

Spark

Global Moderator
All in good time my friend..all in good time..Asif has barely played many test matches..and in the ones he has played, he has been phenomenal.. Matter of time before he topples Steyn.
Doubt it TBH. Would pick Steyn as the more talented bowler any day of the week.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ As I said before...Asif just hasnt played enough cricket..so I dont mind when people say he is not as talented...People have seen more of Steyn..so naturally they pick him..fine with me..I am happy to wait a few years for Asif and Aamer to play more tests..so there is no dispute.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I don't know if you saw the after match discussions on your coverage down there, but Holding was absolutely scathing of Afridi's decision and his reasons. Made a fair point too, actually. Said Afridi had scored 5 test tons in 27 tests, which isn't a bad return for a bloke who plays esstentially as a batting all-rounder in the longest form; he (Holding) said Afridi does have the temprement for it, he just CBA to knuckle down when he can earn a lot more money smashing a few Dorothys in T20.
And i agree with Holding....

Afridi simply didn't give it an honest try....just 1 test and he bails out....to me that is just being a coward ....

Faisal1985

I think the difference is not as big as the points make it to be....i think Asif is just as deadly a bowler as Steyn....

Faisal1985

^ As I said before...Asif just hasnt played enough cricket..so I dont mind when people say he is not as talented...People have seen more of Steyn..so naturally they pick him..fine with me..I am happy to wait a few years for Asif and Aamer to play more tests..so there is no dispute.
if Amir stays injury free...he is going to be the next big thing IMO...Asif as you said another couple of years and then we shall speak again with Steyn lovers...