• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

Spark

Global Moderator
Not sure Spark.

Probably the next best opener, so Rogers or Hughes or one of the younger bats in Khawaja or Marsh.

This way North leaves the team, Ponting helps out the middle order and we get another bat into the team.

At the moment I would rather Shaun Marsh at 6 over North even.
Wouldn't say no to a Khawaja swap but if they do genuinely believe he's a long-term replacement, then stick him at 6 so he can mature in a lower-pressure environment just as Ponting himself did.

I mean... Khawaja is an option. Marsh is an option, Rogers I would be wary of since he's 32, Hughes I have a funny feeling about sticking him at 3. I've heard there are others around - Bailey? Don't know enough about the domestic scene to make a confident judgement unfortunately. Of the existing players, I think Clarke or Watson are the only sensible options - and Clarke still suffers from the odd brainsnap, Watson also and he's also a little unproven against spin (maybe I'm too used to Ponting/Clarke but just planting your front foot down the track and playing around it does not strike me as a good ideaa).

archie mac

International Coach
Good on the umpires for staying out in the rain, although if the bowlers have trouble holding it, they should come off:)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How can Afridi complain about a wet ball when the dickhead's happy enough to put it in his mouth when he wants to?

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How can Afridi complain about a wet ball when the dickhead's happy enough to put it in his mouth when he wants to?
Haha I remember having a great old whinge to an umpire about the ball being wet and he said "Maybe it'd be drier if you stopped cryin' on it." Apt here, one feels.

Burgey

Haha I remember having a great old whinge to an umpire about the ball being wet and he said "Maybe it'd be drier if you stopped cryin' on it." Apt here, one feels.
Wasn't Doug D'Arney was it? FMD, good mate of mine is Doug but he's the only umpire I've played under who sledges the players.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This is when he bats best, when he has to knuckle down for a while and get his eye in.

If he gets to 30, watch out.

I was gonna predict that but then again I was predicting that Clarke would repeat last year's corresponding innings, so...
:laugh: Good call

Burgey

Fun fact: This score of 20* for North is his 11th highest out of 26 innings.
Biggest rocks and diamonds merchant ever.

Honestly, you watch him so often and he's borderline ********, then he comes out and hits the ball like he has (so far) today. He's a ****ing enigma. Amazing a player with such peaks and troughs has had the FC career he has.

Burgey

North surprisingly out after having to start following a break.

Just the most curious player.

pasag

RTDAS
Well done Katman, held both our innings together. This match would be over already without him.

North can gagf.

Symonds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> North.