• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
Despite my feelings that Austalia will pile up some more runs tomorrow, if Pakistan can somehow dismiss them for a lead of around 250-300, this match may not be over yet. I don't think they'll even be able to chase that down but at least it's not impossible. A lead of 400 and it's never going to happen.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
300? I don't see Pakistan chasing 150 TBH. This bowling lineup is so so good but the batting is dreadful...it's minnow class.

If Pakistan bowling faced the Pakistan top seven under these conditions, they'd be lucky to make 100.

DingDong

State Captain
haha...exactly my sentiments if Pakistan score more then 150 in these conditions I will sell my house and live on the streets for the rest of my life and Asif should start juicing and start bowling again at 82-87 which he use to pre ban.
lucky. so so lucky.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
300? I don't see Pakistan chasing 150 TBH. This bowling lineup is so so good but the batting is dreadful...it's minnow class.

If Pakistan bowling faced the Pakistan top seven under these conditions, they'd be lucky to make 100.
Totally in agreement....Pak batting is probably the worst batting line up from all test playing nations at the moment....

This is a good read..

Pakistan v Australia: Pakistan's young batsmen need a guiding hand | Cricket Features | Pakistan v Australia 2010 | Cricinfo.com

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
True, I was just saying at least it would be remotely possible from them to chase 250-300, albeit HIGHLY unlikely. A hundred from someone would do them real good in the chase. Conditions should improve as well for batsmen. But a target of 300+ and it's just about impossible.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
I don't see why they can't chase down a higher score. They're obviously not a good batting lineup, but it doesn't mean they cant put on a few runs every once in a while. Esp if conditions clear up.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I don't see why they can't chase down a higher score. They're obviously not a good batting lineup, but it doesn't mean they cant put on a few runs every once in a while. Esp if conditions clear up.
They simply can't bat against this Aussie bowling which keeps testing the batsmen all day..none of the guys other then Butt has the patience to bat it out......This Test is Australia's....

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Talented batters they may be, Test batters they are not. When they're going hard, they look a million bucks but if Ponting sets a fairly standard attacking Test field and they have to be patient, well, they don't seem to know what to do, Umar Akmal included. And any team with Afridi at 6 is going to struggle to top 300 no matter what the conditions.

They're missing Yousuf and Younis in so, so many ways. Salman Butt looks good for a while but he's more a bloke who can give a large score/chase a good start rather than push it along.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Great photo SBI.

Really compelling day of Cricket, these first two days makes me think how much more enjoyable Tests are to any other format, but let's not go there.

With every passing innings by Ponting, I think he needs to drop himself down the order at say 5, cause we need someone more consistent at 3.

Spark

Global Moderator
Great photo SBI.

Really compelling day of Cricket, these first two days makes me think how much more enjoyable Tests are to any other format, but let's not go there.

With every passing innings by Ponting, I think he needs to drop himself down the order at say 5, cause we need someone more consistent at 3.
Who?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Thus far It's been a joy to watch, especially Pak's bowling when they are in full flow, but as many have mentioned their batting has been shambolic, but they aren't the only ones, it wasn't long ago my lot got put away for 150 in our first innings against SA!!, we batted better after that so all is not lost for Pak, what's clear though is until the likes of Pak and WI get a strong and settled top order then beating these big sides is gonna be very hard indeed, i also think it best for Pak to bat first from now on if they can, we batted second far too often against SA and paid for it.

I expect Aus to add another 70 or so runs to their total and i'd think that would be enough to win them the game to be honest.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Will be interesting to see how Johnson goes with the bat. Realistically he probably won't get past 15, however seeing as he is batting with some proper batsmen it would be awesome to see him regain some batting form.

Realistically we will probably get all out before we make 200, however I have a feeling that North and Katich are gonna stick around for a while, getting a 50 and 100 respectively. Lets see if I'm right...

pasag

RTDAS
Johnson is the best batsmen in the world and will prove that tonight with a flawless 100 against a quality attack in difficult circumstances.

Spark

Global Moderator
Will be interesting to see how Johnson goes with the bat. Realistically he probably won't get past 15, however seeing as he is batting with some proper batsmen it would be awesome to see him regain some batting form.

Realistically we will probably get all out before we make 200, however I have a feeling that North and Katich are gonna stick around for a while, getting a 50 and 100 respectively. Lets see if I'm right...
This is when he bats best, when he has to knuckle down for a while and get his eye in.

If he gets to 30, watch out.

Johnson is the best batsmen in the world and will prove that tonight with a flawless 100 against a quality attack in difficult circumstances.
I was gonna predict that but then again I was predicting that Clarke would repeat last year's corresponding innings, so...

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Not sure Spark.

Probably the next best opener, so Rogers or Hughes or one of the younger bats in Khawaja or Marsh.

This way North leaves the team, Ponting helps out the middle order and we get another bat into the team.

At the moment I would rather Shaun Marsh at 6 over North even.