• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

Shifter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It hasn't changed so much that Smith and whoever his partner this week is are better than Morris and Barnes.

It hasn't changed that much that Amla > Bradman, or AB de Villiers > Lindsay Hassett.

Lindwall at least equals Steyn and Miller as good a bowling all rounder as Kallis is a batting one.

The SA bowling support cast to Steyn is ******** compared with Johnson, Johnston et al.

Tallon and Boucher cancel each other out.

SA aren't even definitively the best side atm. That mantle probably belongs to India. What Bradman and Co would rack up ahgainst the Indian attack doesn't bear thinking about. They'd never get bowled out. FMD, I've near fallen off my seat thinking about Zaheer Khan bowling at Bradman, and the latter was 40 in 1948.

It would be a slaughter if any of the team playing now played the Invincibles. You'd need the mercy rule. Be embarrassing.
That's nice that you think so but without putting them on the field to face each other you don't actually know now do you.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Wow, that was some **** batting from Pak. Still ended up giving that much lead.....

This is Australia's test....

aussie tragic

International Captain
WTF, just read through about 15 pages to catch up on the Test and half of it was about 1948 Aussies vs 90-00 aussies, vs WI 80's with bangladesh vs England mixed in :ph34r:

anyway

haha...exactly my sentiments if Pakistan score more then 150 in these conditions I will sell my house and live on the streets for the rest of my life and Asif should start juicing and start bowling again at 82-87 which he use to pre ban.
You are one luck guy to still have a house as they fell 2 runs short :laugh:

aussie tragic

International Captain
YEEEAAAAAHHHH WATTTTTOOOOOO!!!!
could he finally become the 5th Aussie to score a hundred and a fivefor :)

..sorry to all you people that think I have the power to jinx a Test cricketer :laugh:

...ooops, well at least it took 18 mins to jinx him ;)

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ponting chokes yet again at Lord's then. That's pretty special leaving a ball that moved in that is not only going to miss off stump but middle and slide past leg stump too according to Cricinfo. Hilarious.

Sir Alex

Banned
Yeah read somewhere the great triumvirate of modern cricket - Lara, Sachin & Punter haven't managed a single 100 at Lords with Lara's 54 being the highest among them. Amazing.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Yeah read somewhere the great triumvirate of modern cricket - Lara, Sachin & Punter haven't managed a single 100 at Lords with Lara's 54 being the highest among them. Amazing.
Cricinfo said on top of that, Agit Agarkar got 109* aroundabout the same time he had that run of golden ducks.