• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not by a huge amount.

Career FG% are pretty similar, though that doesn't take into account distance from the hole. That said, both get to the line a lot and score a fair bit in the paint.

Wade: .482
LBJ: .475

FWIW, LBJ shoots .329 from 3

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lebron is going to announce his decision on an ESPN one hour special on Thursday in America. He can ball like no other but this guy's ego is out of control. Sadly, I'll be tuned into this fiasco of an event.

edit: D-Wade and Bosh in Miami is more likely than in Chicago tbh although I would laugh hard if Miami lost Wade.

Last edited:

DingDong

State Captain
Lebron is going to announce his decision on an ESPN one hour special on Thursday in America. He can ball like no other but this guy's ego is out of control. Sadly, I'll be tuned into this fiasco of an event.

edit: D-Wade and Bosh in Miami is more likely than in Chicago tbh although I would laugh hard if Miami lost Wade.
sad thind is that thisll end up getting higher ratings than a finals game.

Johnners

To say the least, can't really blame him for milking it though tbh.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Haha. Wonder what the Bulls' backup plan is if LeBron signs elsewhere, I don't think we've even talked to Boozer, Lee or anyone else for that matter.

duffer

Well the Wojster on Yahoo is reporting that Chicago have signed Boozer for 5 years 80 million. All they need is a two guard and they have majorly upgraded their team.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Saw it minutes ago. People still calling for Foreman's head because he didn't sign any of the big three. He did everything right IMO, just that players in general don't quite trust Bulls ownership.

Have to wonder, what does Booz gain by coming to the Bulls? Am I missing something? Had figured Lee would be a better fit btw.

Last edited:

duffer

Saw it minutes ago. People still calling for Foreman's head because he didn't sign any of the big three. He did everything right IMO, just that players in general don't quite trust Bulls ownership.

Have to wonder, what does Booz gain by coming to the Bulls? Am I missing something? Had figured Lee would be a better fit btw.
Well Boozer gets a guaranteed 80 million which Utah were not going near as their ownership vow to never pay the lux tax.

Personally think it's a ugh deal because Boozer spends half the time injured, plays minimal defence (although he has Noah to cover his ass now) and Chicago were in desperate need of a post scorer and Boozer's game is mainly pretty little short to mid range jumpers. That said on the glass Chicago are going to be beastly. Noah and Boozer will eat them up all day long and they at least have a bonafide scorer.

Just think 5 years for that much money could turn into an albatross contract but the way it is for most GM's is that they are judged on this year and next year as opposed to 4 or 5 years down the line which is why so many short term decisions like this and the Amare contract are made. Have to respect franchises like the Sonics and Portland who generally stay away from these types of gambles and if anything stand to profit from other teams mistakes (think of how many first round picks OKC and Portland have acquired by taking on other sides bad contracts).

But um yeah, this move could be painful in a couple of years time.

duffer

Heh, Jared Dudley reckons he heard from a close source to the Knicks (him and Amare are very tight heh) that Lebron is going there tomorrow. Personally like Bucher's take on this: Who does a 1-hour special on how you just ripped the heart out of your hometown?" Now a 1-hr special on why you stayed...

What happens to Lee is more or less on hold untill then tbh, he is very in demand regarding a sign and trade, Knicks could keep him and offer him a lot of money after they sign their second FA, or he could go to the Nets for big money if they miss.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Would piss me off to no end if this happens, more so than if NY gets him. Will hate Wade forever as well.

So assuming we're boned on the LBJ front, I'd say our best option is to sign Shannon Brown if Lakers don't. He can really jack up the three from anywhere from what I've seen. A starting lineup of

Noah
Boozer
Deng
Brown
Rose

would give any team a run for their money, with a bench of Taj Gibson, James Johnson (watch out for him this year), Flip Murray, Brad Miller, and maybe if we can sign a Farmar or Mike Miller.