• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - England, United States, Algeria, Slovenia

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
seems we are on a mission to prove that german guy right, passing it back to James for the long boot all the time.

What's Crouch done wrong? He eats these teams for breakfast

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Credit to Algeria though...tireless running.
Oh, they're doing a lot more than that. Yes they have closed England down well, but their passing has been far more controlled, and there's more belief about them. They at least know what they're trying to do.

EDIT
As illustrated by SWP's pointless and brainless flick rather than controlling the ****ing ball. Another decent position wasted. And two minutes later he massively overhits an attempted through ball. Just **** off back to Manchester mate.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have got a scarf over the top of my TV set from England-Croatia at Wembley in September.

Nine months ago, and if I didn't have the physical proof I wouldn't believe we'd really scored five.

... and another corner doesn't beat the first man. This, presumably, is because Gerrard isn't playing the same position as he does for Liverpool. Now let's see how we screw the next one up.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Oh, they're doing a lot more than that. Yes they have closed England down well, but their passing has been far more controlled, and there's more belief about them. They at least know what they're trying to do.
True but they've probably pressed/defended as well as I've ever seen them do. They are a pretty tidy side in general. They are stretching England really well, and England are losing shape far too easily. Dangerous stuff.

Neil Pickup

On the plus side, next Wednesday I have an U11 cricket match during the afternoon so I don't have to sit through the Slovenia match.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously, though...what's happened to Rooney. Needs to step up big time.
He's not been the same since that injury against Bayern. But even allowing for that he's been a disgrace tonight. Along with the usual culprits in midfield. You wouldn't think these guys are playing in their third major tournament - they haven't got an ounce of spine between them

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awful, awful, awful. Been a big fan of Fab, but am finding it hard to defend him, no Joe Cole? Defoe, Lennon, SWP, are all quick and technically useless oh and BTW:

Lampard and gerrard can't play in midfield together

for the millionth time.....

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I wish Andy Townsend would get gored by an escaped rhinoceros.
Aye. And Tyldsley on tonight's form, who's taken to re-writing history wrt Bobby Robson and the 1986 & 1990 WCs. However much I might disagre with some of the selections, this is primarily down to the lazy ***** on the pitch.

Neil Pickup

Did the Algerian keeper ever look like conceding a goal there? Did he ever have to do anything that a decent Conference keeper wouldn't do in his sleep?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'm trying to remember a genuinely worse performance by an England side in the finals of a WC - and failing. Let's hope Slovenia do the decent thing and sent this bunch of overpaid and massively over-rated tarts home on Wednesday.

King Pietersen

International Captain
:laugh: That was pathetic. One of the worst England performances I've seen for years. Rooney, Johnson and Heskey stood out with particularly ****e performances, but no-one really came out of the game looking good. James and Barry had ok games, but nothing to shout about. Awful performance. Capello really needs to ditch the 4-4-2 AFAIC. Drop Heskey, have Gerrard playing through the middle just behind Rooney with Wright-Phillips and Cole on the wings.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm trying to remember a genuinely worse performance by an England side in the finals of a WC - and failing. Let's hope Slovenia do the decent thing and sent this bunch of overpaid and massively over-rated tarts home on Wednesday.
Portugal 1 england 0 in '86, struggling though I have to say. Why did you say Tyldesley was re-writing history, I had the sound turned down to avoid Townsend.