• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - England, United States, Algeria, Slovenia

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Algeria up 53-47 on possession and 7-2 on shots.

I preferred failing to qualify to watching this crap.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Got money on the draw, looking more like an Algeria win atm
They're outplaying us at the moment. I've already lost count of the number of times we've needlessly conceded possession, and they possess far more threat in the final third.

EDIT
29 minutes into the game we create our first chance. Better play tbf.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heskey has been a hell of a lot better than Rooney so far this World Cup. Which tells you something.

****ing awful shower of **** performance though.

No pressure on the ball. No defensive organisation. Horrible first touch. Horrible passing. No energy. No tempo. Just a ****ing rank pile of ****.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Grrrrr If Emile isnt off at half time
His control has been shockingly poor - the ball simply bounces off him more often than not. The real worry is that he hasn't been our worst player.

Looking at how poor our midfield have been, you can kind of see why Capello plays two up front. Can you really see these guys stringing enough passes together to make five in midfield work? But we really are so ****e. You almost hope they don't go through so we can enjoy the rest of the tournament.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Algeria by far the better side? Fairly even with England having the more dangerous chance. Solid defending though. Reckon take Heskey off, put Gerrard behind Rooney and J.Cole on the left.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Shocked to realise that ITV ares till dragging out Keegan as a pundit. To quote ... 'Fabio Capello is going to have to be harsh with them. He's got to tell them that if they don't play better than this (substantial pause) they just won't win the World Cup'. Er Kev, if we don't play better than this we could easily lose this game and not make it out of the group phase.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
England will worry about conceding first. They just don't look mentality tough enough to get back from a deficit.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
We've actually got worse since half time, which I really didn't think was possible. Really, you could make a case for about 9 of them coming off.

EDIT
But not to make way for SWP ffs.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

We've actually got worse since half time, which I really didn't think was possible. Really, you could make a case for about 9 of them coming off.
It's abysmal. No one is taking a single chance, making a break, looking to do something out of the ordinary. That 4-on-2 break summed it up... Lampard can do pretty much anything with it, so long as he does it with conviction. So what happens? Pulls it weakly back to the Algerian on the penalty spot.

On the plus side, Carragher's suspended against Slovenia, irrelevant as that may be. Do you think the French FA will go halves on a chartered plane?

Neil Pickup

This reminds me of watching a 10-year-old who thinks batting sensibly is going out to block every single ball he faces without ever swinging his bat back beyond his kneecap, and consequently gets caught at short cover for 2 off 28 balls.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Jesus, this is a Socceroos-like performance from England. Can't pass the ball!
I know. And the ITV commentators here just don't get it. Loads of ****e about zest, spark, or how it's Capello's fault, but bottom line too many of these guys just aren't playing.