• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - England, United States, Algeria, Slovenia

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh this World Cup keeps putting twitter over capacity like never before.
Twitters great Geordi from STARTREK TNG and John Daly slagging off the ref:laugh:

anyway okay match considering it was just an aperitif for the main event.

Last edited:

Johnners

Looked like he was explaining to Bradley it was for a push :confused:

Disappointed Altidore didn't do a Drogba after the match, looked like he was on the brink.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sky Sports reporting that David James will make his first ever WC Finals appearance tonight

:unsure:

I'd have stuck with green, tbh

Scaly piscine

Yea not a bad result for the yanks, a win against Algeria and they're virtually through - it would take a 3 way tie on 5 points (everyone beats Algeria, all other results are draws) and losing out on goals scored (the worst USA can do is tie on goal difference with Slovenia) - so in short a very unlikely combination of results.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This was as bad as Bucknor...that ref...wtf?

How do you disallow 1/3 of your total points in a game because of incompetance?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sky's 'probable' XI

James

Johnson
Carragher
Terry
Cashley

Lennon
Lampard
Barry
Gerrard

Rooney
Heskey

Scaly piscine

Gotta be ****ing joking if those two are at the central defence again. How can you ****ing camp a team into their own half with two ****ing zimmerframers as your last men.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm just looking at the tie-breaking criteria, has a tie-break by drawing of lots ever happened in a WC? Longshot obviously, but could potentially happen if England and US beat Algeria and England draw with Slovenia. Would be a ****ty way to go out anyway.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hmm just looking at the tie-breaking criteria, has a tie-break by drawing of lots ever happened in a WC? Longshot obviously, but could potentially happen if England and US beat Algeria and England draw with Slovenia. Would be a ****ty way to go out anyway.
I don't think so, no.

Would probably prefer that it was used to penalty shootouts in knockout games tbf

duffer

I saw that as 50/50. Would need to see replay but 50/50 battle that one.
I thought Dempsey possibly did foul him but there were other cases of holding by Slovenia too.

Unless Dempsey did it in the path of the ball's flight or allowed another player to run through (don't know if it did) I'd have let it go.

I like how the ref even if he did make a bad decision did it with conviction and didn't let the players get to him.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Great game. Happy for the US. US coverage going mad over the ref and the disallowed goal. They were already talking about all the calls going against them before the 'goal.' To be fair to the the ref was terrible.

Ok, lets bring on the main event.