• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh I'm so ****ing nervous for today, it's unbearable. Three homw wins (the most common result in football), at Gills, Tranmere and Pools and we're practically down:@

Dunno what to do with myself, listening on the radio is agonising, particularly with our comms habit of saying "oh this looks dangerous, ball into the box, chance, oooohhhh" without actually saying which team are attacking. Would go for Gillette Soccer special in the pub or at home, bound to have reporters at the games, but I ****ing can't can I? I, like all proper football fans love the Stelling, but we're playing Hartlepool FFS, every smile he does will make me think they've scored and if he does that ****ing stupid James Brown thing, I might have to throw a pint at the screen, or kick my TV in.

Radio5 means possible Alan Green exposure, so that's out. Talksport will probably have that **** Adrian Durham say how it will be good if we went down, like he did when we went out of the league. Was planning on going for a walk where I could look across the Exe estuary and think of perspective whilst enjoying the view with a few cans of wife-beater, but the weathers screwed that.

Think I'll watch the twenty/twenty whilst having the bbc videprinter up, the least stressful option, I think.

Last edited:

duffer

Get super intoxicated so that you pass out and find out when you are back alive. If things are good you'll be feeling great, if bad then the hangover would be apt. It's the weekend after all.

Jarquis

Get super intoxicated so that you pass out and find out when you are back alive. If things are good you'll be feeling great, if bad then the hangover would be apt. It's the weekend after all.
A 3 day one as well, should make the most of it IMO.

grecian

Well ahead of you mate, well only on my second can, but will be speeding up, and if it's going badly will be necking them like an Irishman on St Paddys day.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My that was an ordinary game. Imagine Sky thought they'd be more resting on it than Brum's glorious push for 9th when it was scheduled.

grecian

Well great we're winning, but very tight all round. I think me and gimp can be agreed on one thing today, disgusting that the Saints have rested five players including Lambert.

Pothas

Tranmere 2 up now, doing Leeds a massive favour at the same time.

Orient in real trouble now though unless they get a goal.

Come on Bees get an equaliser, would ben nice to get to the end of the season without losing again.

grecian

gutted, terrible results for us, but can only be thankful for the point, but uddersild have something to play for, really think we're in the ****.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'm really looking forward to League One next season.:angel:

Looks like a really exciting finish next week. I might even pop along to Sid James Park. You can't beat a last day atmosphere when there's either elation or depression at stake. I see five teams could still claim second - would need an unlikely, but not entirely freakish, set of results for Huddersfield to go up. Four teams could still go down, Tranmere, Exeter, Gillingham or Hartlepool (depending on their punishment). Orient could still go down mathematically but it would need a 21 goal swing in their goal difference with Tranmere.

grecian

I'm really looking forward to League One next season.:angel:

Looks like a really exciting finish next week. I might even pop along to Sid James Park. You can't beat a last day atmosphere when there's either elation or depression at stake. I see five teams could still claim second - would need an unlikely, but not entirely freakish, set of results for Huddersfield to go up. Four teams could still go down, Tranmere, Exeter, Gillingham or Hartlepool (depending on their punishment). Orient could still go down mathematically but it would need a 21 goal swing in their goal difference with Tranmere.
ahh, us being called sid james park, i actually love that, big fan of the south african miserablist, me.

tbh, you and gimp can't possibly be any more ****ish then some of the so-called city supporters on exeweb, ****ing depressing stuff.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
ahh, us being called sid james park, i actually love that, big fan of the south african miserablist, me.
I confess as insults go it's not a great one, in fact I have no idea what it's supposed to mean.:unsure:
Anyway if it's not all ticket and not likely to be a sell-out I'll probably pop along.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
So gutted that Ledley King is crocked. Reckon he'd be up there with one of the best centre-backs in the world if he had been fit all these years. His timing in tackles is so good.

social

Thought Citeh were excellent today

Office will be a happier place tomorrow as they arent happy that younger bro has been hosing money up against the wall on this folly

Pothas

Barca clearly suffering no hangover from wedensday night 3-0 up in a potentially difficult game.

Ibrmahimovic not included though, wonder what is going to happen with him. Would be a little worried if I was a Liverpool fan.

grecian

Hey cool some Tranmere fans on Exeweb, taking about our fans being "special" and such, I always am friendly to such people, it's always great entertainment, I find.

Craig

World Traveller
Barca clearly suffering no hangover from wedensday night 3-0 up in a potentially difficult game.

Ibrmahimovic not included though, wonder what is going to happen with him. Would be a little worried if I was a Liverpool fan.
Would of been a lot different if Nilmar had learnt to put the ball in the net instead of kick it over the goal.