• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They were never out of it, particularly not with their run-in. The media seem to need someone to write off every week, and it was Arsenal's turn last week.
Arsenal were never out of it.

I've said since Sunday that provided Arsenal won tonight they couldn't be written off, as they have by far the easiest run in.

Craig

World Traveller
Hmm, only thing I can say in Nani's defence is that I dont think it had malace, was aiming for the ball, looking at the ball..... Luckily got enough of the ball not to break someones leg, horrid tackle, no defence

In other news, still ****ing hate Friedel, been doing this against us since about 1884.
Such an under rated keeper.

Craig

World Traveller
Milan Jovanovic has signed for Liverpool (subject to a medical) on a Bosman from from Belgian outfit Standard Leige. Or so he claims.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
He may look or give the impression that he has a lot to offer, but he hasn't offered much for a long time. In the Everton game when he came on he practically lost or gave away every ball he got whereas when Ngog was on he had solid hold-up play.
Ngog had the ball prior to our goal. I think people are remembering that more than the countless times he screwed our play up forward.

Aquilani injured?

Worse buy than Keane
Just ill.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Babel is ridiculously talented but he's not serious about football, seems to want to be a rudeboy more than a pro footballer.

For example:

Rapping is my hobby
Rappers dont want trouble
I'm the Liverpool star those bitches are loving
I know what time it is - I've just bought a new watch
Ill give you a punchline: eight seconds, youll be knocked down
Towel in the ring
My family in the V.I.P
No caviar for us, Surinamers eat chicken
Ya'll know nothing: this is the Premier League
Representing the G
You can see this n***a with number 19
Ya'll can f*** off, I f*** with a whole team
Ya'll can talk, but you dont get anything with it
Ya'll can't be like me, my status is too high
If rappers come to close, I have to take space
People watch YouTube to learn my actions
I have those skills, try some tricks
I was a poor n***a
Now I make f***ing money
I went from the Euro to the English pound
I put money in my pocket, now I spend money on nothing
I like it this way, I'm sure you like it
If somebody want beef, well come on
I like it with some pepper, homie
I'm sure in my life
Give me the f***ing ball, you lose both legs
And now my competition is past
If you hate me because of that, I say youre right
If I was you, I would hate me too
I have the s**t homie
I cant even spend all my money
Keep your daughter in sight. or you will be my family
Ill take your daughter and let her make clean
101 Barz - this is the first time but I came hard!
I came alone, I don't have a back-up
I came because I mean it
Check it

EDIT: Youtube link here

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Think I'm more pissed off at the commentators who went on about Bendtner diving but Gerrard lost his balance and fell forwards on both of his. Efan Ekoku I think it was. ****.

EDIT: Just saw the Spurs result. Heh @ Redknapp who was crowing after our last 2 games and going on about finishing above us.
Gerrard fell to bits, but there was a foul on Kuyt.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Ngog had the ball prior to our goal. I think people are remembering that more than the countless times he screwed our play up forward.
Wasn't very good today but he is always 10x the player Babel is up front. Also, we're asking too much of him; he is not Drogba. Gotta cut out the lump-it-forward-and-hope-it-sticks tactic.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Interestingly:

Stevie's Eastlands vow - Liverpool FC

"The referee told the Liverpool wall in the first half that if anyone raises their arms above their waist he was going to give a penalty. So for some crazy decision he didn't give it. He told me after the game he hadn't seen it.

"It was unbelievable and I can't believe he didn't see someone raise their hands in the wall.

"We know over the course of a season sometimes you will get decisions and sometimes you won't, but something so clear as that was hard to take, especially with the referee being Howard Webb. I would say he is one of the best referees in the league so I am very surprised he didn't see it."

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Wasn't very good today but he is always 10x the player Babel is up front. Also, we're asking too much of him; he is not Drogba. Gotta cut out the lump-it-forward-and-hope-it-sticks tactic.
Massive DWTA. Definite AWTA.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, they're saying three months, but it's not a great injury to have on the verge of a major tourney. Not helpful to Chelsea either.
Shame this couldn't have happened a week earlier, if Zhirkov had been playing at left back last week I would bet Arsenal would have created a lot more. Funny stuff though, prety much paves the way into the England team to play alongside Terry, which would be funny.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Arsenal were never out of it.

I've said since Sunday that provided Arsenal won tonight they couldn't be written off, as they have by far the easiest run in.
People just like to say the title race is "over" or whichever team has lost one game that week "out of the title race." I'm pretty sure GIMH has already declared Chelsea champions on several occasions this season :p.

Regarding Arsenal, it was the performances more than the results. Losing at home to United and away to Chelsea doesn't end your title challenge, but the games exposed such huge weaknesses that made me a lot more skeptical about their chances than I had been previously. They won't be the last two teams to defend narrow, score from a set-piece/counter-attack and take points off Arsenal.

As much as I'd rather have Arsenal's run-in than ours, I wouldn't read too much into it. Towards the end of the season you'd often much rather be playing a mid-table side whose season is petering out than one fighting tooth and nail to avoid relegation.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tbf Arsenal won't have to defend against Drogba and Rooney each and every week. Most teams will not be able to expose any weakness Arsenal have half as well as those two did. I didn't think Arsenal's performance against Chelsea was that bad at all, two goals conceded, one being a good counter attack and the other being one player failing to defend his post properly. Otherwise the team played alright, lacking incision up front being the main problem. But then again, most teams in the premiership do not have a defence as good as Chelsea's, so we'll see.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well Arsenal have lost to teams worse than United and Chelsea before and will do so again. As decent as they were against Chelsea they were distinctly unimpressive in victory against Liverpool. They're still visibly missing a lot of important players and I can only see them stuttering along for the rest of the season, possibly to a 2nd placed finish, but it's hard to see United and Chelsea both dropping six more points than the Gunners.