• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
:laugh: Yes clown, this is why with you over the years every slight reference i make towards race relations that actually happens in England, you see are me trying to be to instigate racial tension. If i say black people in England have more interest in football than cricket is that a race baiting comment, or fundamental fact of the black race in England today?

Going back to the point of the post give me credibilbe reason why words the rasscloth etc was put on CW fitler list, other than the fact that you people misinterpreting the words is as insult?
When there is no reason to mention race, I fail to see how bringing it up can do anything other than instigate racial tension.

As for your "fundamental fact", it's a totally meaningless statement which you cannot qualify with anything other than a statement of your own opinion or some other totally subjective drivel.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
When there is no reason to mention race, I fail to see how bringing it up can do anything other than instigate racial tension.
If that was the case Obama probably would have never won the presidency if when the republicans "insitgated racial tension" by highlighting his affiliation with that pastor. Did Obama's now campaigning changing/winning speech about race instigate racial tension or promoted racial education?.

As for your "fundamental fact", it's a totally meaningless statement which you cannot qualify with anything other than a statement of your own opinion or some other totally subjective drivel.
:laugh:. This is why you can't post in cricketchat. Please tell me right now how many British born black people play in county cricket right now?.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If that was the case Obama probably would have never won the presidency if when the republicans "insitgated racial tension" by highlighting his affiliation with that pastor. Did Obama's now campaigning changing/winning speech about race instigate racial tension or promoted racial education?.

:laugh:. This is why you can't post in cricketchat. Please tell me right now how many British born black people play in county cricket right now?.
No idea what Obama has to do with bringing up race in totally innapropriate contexts to be honest.

And secondly, oh dear, you're a ****.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sledger, no insults.

aussie, this thread will be closed if you keep banging on about non-existent racial tension.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ffffffffhhhhhhhhsssssss

COULD EVERYONE JUST PUT THE IGNORANT ONE ON IGNORE, LIKE I DO!!!! HE'S TOTALLY RUINING THIS THREAD AND IT'S TOTALLY PISSING ME OFF. WHAT'S THE ****ING POINT HE DOES NOT LISTEN TO ANY REASON, AND LET'S FACE IT BESTING HIM IN AN ARGUMENT IS ABOUT AS MUCH AN ACHIEVEMENT AS A LOUDish FART!!!!!!

grrr...........

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Xavier is Jamaican and he sided with everyone else as to the meaning of the word...

Race has nothing to do with why you upset people on this forum aussie, that's the issue. You are not the only poster who isn't white round here, I don't need to do a who's who of CW ethnicity to back that up so just use your head. Race has ZERO to do with it.

Suffice to say, ever since I came to CW the footy thread has been one of my favourite places to play but this season, despite being busier than ever it's been piss poor. I'm not blaming you per se, but the fact is I log on on some nights and there are three new pages...now that's great but they always seem to be big quote wars and seven or eight people arguing with you. It's ****ing tiresome.

The same thing happens in CC as well although you aren't the only poster who has a tendency to argue with multiple people at once over there. But basically, I'm spending less of my lunch breaks etc on this site than I would because so much of it has become unreadable. I've never been one of these Off-topic only posters, but there and devvers are basically the only parts of the forum I go to now where I don't find myself skim-reading threads at best.

As I said, I don't blame you per se but you don't help the situation.
Xavier is wrong, i have grown up & live amongst Jamaicans so i & they will tell him its wrong too. Before banning the word, you need more evidence that one Jamaican & the unreliable urban dictionary.

I dont care who i upset. As you say especially in this football thread if i argue with people, if it was all constructive debate that would be fine. But its generally misunderstanding comes from when i saw things that the majority dont understand - thus things become personal insults. No fault of mine.

What is fundamental fact i never have an issue with people in cricketchat (just one of two times when a few discussions get heated) - its is always the football thread with the same set of idiots. How have the MANYYY moderators we have never seen this distinction?:laugh:

I never have deserved blame & i dont need to help the situation. Since the situation is i am the one 99% of the time on the recieving end of insults. So the sorority sisters who i normally war with like sledger, matteh, marc, agent TBY need to back the **** up & they would if the moderators did a better job.

I done talk.....i suggest we go back to football now.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
No idea what Obama has to do with bringing up race in totally innapropriate contexts to be honest.
Its innapropriate for you because your knowledge of complex matters is usually always lacking. This is why you can't post in cricketchat anymore.

And secondly, oh dear, you're a ****.
:laugh:. Answer the question?. How much are they currently, if you can't my point is proven.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Its innapropriate for you because your knowledge of complex matters is usually always lacking. This is why you can't post in cricketchat anymore.

:laugh:. Answer the question?. How much are they currently, if you can't my point is proven.
Well, the irony certainly isn't lost here.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
COULD EVERYONE JUST PUT THE IGNORANT ONE ON IGNORE, LIKE I DO!!!! HE'S TOTALLY RUINING THIS THREAD AND IT'S TOTALLY PISSING ME OFF. WHAT'S THE ****ING POINT HE DOES NOT LISTEN TO ANY REASON, AND LET'S FACE IT BESTING HIM IN AN ARGUMENT IS ABOUT AS MUCH AN ACHIEVEMENT AS A LOUDish FART!!!!!!

grrr...........
Right, you're right, but ignore doesn't work for me. I am retiring from the footy thread.

I'll still be around the divison 3 thread so you can all catch my inane ramblings on the whites there.

Mr Mxyzptlk

OK thread closed until everyone cools down. Also gives the powers that be a chance to review the situation.

Mr Mxyzptlk

This thread is still on notice, but with the Premiership continuing tomorrow (later today in some parts of the world), I'll re-open it.

Remember all. Civility.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I came in here to take the piss out of Arsene's most recent comments but reading the last few pages, I just can't do it anymore. Like I had the funnies sucked right out of me. :(

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Soo... have we all agreed to stop acknowledging aussie in the footy thread?
:laugh:. So much for civility. Allright lets get it all out no time for sugar coating. All of you in this football thread who want put me on your ignore list, confirm it with me thus i will not post in this thread any longer.

Since i have no time waste posting in a thread where some people who feel they have superior knowledge of football than I or rather wish to consistently turn this thread into a attack on me.