• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Dear Aussie,

It has come to my attention that you're unsure over a few things. First of all, football is a different sport to cricket. This means a whole different set of regulations, traditions and histories. The main force of football in England is not the English and Welsh FA. Welsh players are Welsh.
Secondly, declaring a country shouldn't exist in footballing terms due to only qualifying for a WC once before is a baffling and complete brainfade of a comment. What about the teams that have never qualified? We should merge all their countries together so maybe they will be able to play football better, just a suggestion. Hell, if someone's born with a club foot, they'll be no good at football for their country so we may as well throw them in a bin rather than waste our efforts on them. I hope you go far in your efforts to improve football in impoverished areas without important football skills, although sadly i think you'll lose the battle to cricket on the subcontinent and camel racing in Syria.

Regards,

Matteh
:lol:

I know I've said this loads. But can we get a separate footy thread for aussie to argue with everyone in.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
No personal insults, thanks. You've been warned already.
Haha Right & when AGENT TBY has sent the personal insults consistently my way over the last 5 years, you so called moderators dont call him out. Sometimes i have wonder how some of you became moderators ITFP. Double standard is good.

Scaly piscine said:
Corrected.
We definately need a separate forum for you to bash the CDMs, Gerrard, Henry & your usual ridiculous Durham bias when it comes to cricket. So you better back TF up..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha Right & when AGENT TBY has sent the personal insults consistently my way over the last 5 years, you so called moderators dont call him out. Sometimes i have wonder how some of you became moderators ITFP. Double standard is good.
And does any of that mean that you did not personally insult him? Have you not been warned about personal insults? Be a good boy and grow up.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
And does any of that mean that you did not personally insult him? Have you not been warned about personal insults? Be a good boy and grow up.
:laugh:

Yea i insulted him, that post actually the first time i have actually. AGENT TBY will testify to that.

Yes i have been warned quite ridiculously in the past. When usually me insulting people (which only ever happens in this football thread BTW) is me defending myself. While the next person never gets warned. Which is the double standard.

You be good boy & do a proper job as a moderator.

Mr Mxyzptlk

aussie, I don't want to have to say this again. You and I both know that you've been warned about getting personal on the forums. And I strongly advise you heed it.

Craig

World Traveller
I didn't think teams improved over time though?
In that case, get rid of New Zealand. Second WC in 27 years and in a piss easy countries to play against. What if Peter Crouch had to play against Fiji? Wouldn't break out a sweat when he scores his 8th goal of the game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yes as i said, i responded with that post because i misread intially. We have no disagreement on that point.

Did i sound there like i was questioning whether thats how OFC WCQ system works little willy?

How is wanting to major teams in WCQ groups to play the best teams of their confederation instead of the joke nations a bad thing akin to anything Nazilike?
Because Europe gets what, 13, 14 places at the World Cup?

So for those 13 places, you need at least 26 nations competing. There's only 52 (iirc) nations affiliated to UEFA.

With the exception of San Marino and Liechtenstein, every European nation has a league structure. So how do you propose telling certain nations they've got no right to compete in the biggest international tournaments?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Yea i insulted him, that post actually the first time i have actually. AGENT TBY will testify to that.

Yes i have been warned quite ridiculously in the past. When usually me insulting people (which only ever happens in this football thread BTW) is me defending myself. While the next person never gets warned. Which is the double standard.

You be good boy & do a proper job as a moderator.
Believe your posting style and general opinions don't endear you to the average person.

Craig

World Traveller
If they're not good enough, they won't qualify. But why deny them the chance to try?
I suppose you would know the feeling being a supporter of a smaller country at football and then they finally make the WC. I was over the moon when NZ made it and it really did make my year when it happened. Sure we'll get spanked by Italy, Paraguay, and Slovakia, still doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to the WC.

So aussie, GAGF.

cpr

International Coach
If they're not good enough, they won't qualify. But why deny them the chance to try?
Exactly, whole idea of qualifiers is to weed out the crap and give the underdogs the chance to improve and mebbie pull off a shock. Excluding teams from a qualifier defeats the object of making teams qualify in the first place.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I suppose you would know the feeling being a supporter of a smaller country at football and then they finally make the WC. I was over the moon when NZ made it and it really did make my year when it happened. Sure we'll get spanked by Italy, Paraguay, and Slovakia, still doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to the WC.

So aussie, GAGF.
Sigh, no need for that thanks Craig. Not exactly helping the situation

Mr Mxyzptlk

For small nations like NZ and T&T, qualifying for the World Cup is an unreal success. I didn't care about how T&T would do at the time, as I was just thrilled to be part of that 32. The fact that the team then gave a very credible showing was just icing on the cake and probably proved that we were worth having there, if people didn't believe we should be.

Definitely backing NZ this time around. Spain is my big fish (because it's Liverpool International) and NZ is my underdog.