• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Indeed. But geez as i always say why the hell do Wales have a national football team, its such a waste. Just like how in the 90s, we where pissed Giggs couldn't play for us.
No more so than that we couldn't pick Van Basten in the 80s 8-)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So is the tactic to back off Drogba as much as possible in the penalty area? ITSTL.

Part-time pretenders.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Anyone got any idea why the BBC says Drogba's got both, with assists from Terry and Lampard and the fantasy league says he's only got 1 and Lampard an assist?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is hilarious tbh. Conceding from a set piece and a counter attack? Never would've picked it. Thank **** we looked long and hard and couldn't find one player in the world better than in our squad.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
No more so than that we couldn't pick Van Basten in the 80s 8-)
WTF you giving me the rolleyes for.

Listen boy, i know the home nation rules regarding home nation players selection/eligibility, that he could only present ENG if a players grandmother or parent was born in the area. I am not questioning that.

I was as i always have questioned, is the legitimacy of Wales as a national football team since the are useless. It always bugs me that in cricket we could get Simon Jones, Croft, Tony Lewis, Johnny Clay or whoever else to play for us without a fuss - but in football the psyche with players & rules are so different.

Mr Mxyzptlk

This is hilarious tbh. Conceding from a set piece and a counter attack? Never would've picked it. Thank **** we looked long and hard and couldn't find one player in the world better than in our squad.
In fairness Arsenal doesn't have Real Madrid or Man City money (and even they get rejected) so it's one thing to find talent, and it's quite another for that talent to be available to you.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I was as i always have questioned, is the legitimacy of Wales as a national football team since the are useless.
If they're useless then what are San Marino, Luxembourg, Andorra etc.?

Yes, it would have been nice if Ryan Giggs were English, but he isn't, and nobody was that upset about it as it's a simple fact.

duffer

In fairness Arsenal doesn't have Real Madrid or Man City money (and even they get rejected) so it's one thing to find talent, and it's quite another for that talent to be available to you.
They've got plenty of money and the type of spending being asked for is nowher near what those clubs are spending. My frustration is that we've had the exact same problems for many seasons now. But I've been over it in detail a billion times on here so I won't bore the **** out of everyone.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
If they're useless then what are San Marino, Luxembourg, Andorra etc.?
They are just as uesless & FIFA definately should look into its policy of allowing such weak nations to participate in Uefa WC & EURO qualifiers without signs of improvement.

But unlike Wales who have an intricate link to ENG like in cricket. I reckon Welsh players should be allowed to play for ENG without those home nation rules like in cricket. As i said its funny how the pysche between the two sports amongst the players is so different.

Yes, it would have been nice if Ryan Giggs were English, but he isn't, and nobody was that upset about it as it's a simple fact.
Who is nobody?, dont mix up your position as as one of fact. In the 90s & early 2000s until Joe Cole arrived we lacked a proper left-winger/option on the left. AFAIK Giggs not being able to play for ENG was always a topic that disappointed most people.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
There's no reason on Earth for Welsh players to play for England, they're a separate nation with their own FA.

What next, make the 6 Nations a 3 Nations event?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Why on earth would you play for England if you can play for your country of birth- Wales? It's not like Wales has a Test team or anything. The situation in cricket is completely different. And hmmm, Wales with it's population being more than twice the size of Trinidad and Tobago, you have to wonder how useless you think that team is, aussie.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
There's no reason on Earth for Welsh players to play for England, they're a separate nation with their own FA.
:laugh: Where have i question this?. Can't you read i am saying adjustments to home nations rules for Welsh players probably playing for ENG should be made.

For example this one that was discussed late last year. See here

quote said:
Players with five years of compulsory education in the specified country would be eligible under the new plans.
Now that could be a good start if our FA agrees to it.

What next, make the 6 Nations a 3 Nations event?
I dont follow rugby. But this shows how across sports how the psyche & rules is different. In Olympics the home nations have play as the UK.

Tom Halsey said:
My God Aussie you talk bollocks.

Wales =! England.
:laugh:. Yo STFU & go & crawl back into whatever your hole you just come out from. Like you does come on CW these days to specifically start a verbal war with me or what???

fredfertang

If my maths are correct Wales have won more than 15% of their matches against England - not the record of a country who don't deserve International status

Pothas

I dont follow rugby. But this shows how across sports how the psyche & rules is different. In Olympics the home nations have play as the UK.
Is this not pretty much the whole point?

It is why you cannot use cricket as an example for why Wales should not have a football team.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Arsenal just beaten by the better team today, poor defending on the first goal (no idea why Clichy decided to come off the post just to walk to the middle of the area to do nothing) and caught out by a good move on the second. Chelsea just too good in every department. Drogba again showing why he is arguably the best player in the league. Ashley Cole and John Terry just far too good for the Arsenal attack, both of them absolutely brilliant today, much as I dislike the pair of them. And Cech was solid and competent when called upon and hardly ever looked stretched. I'm pleased that Denilson didn't play, and was satisifed with Diaby as a replacement, but yet again Clichy was poor, giving the ball away far too often and going missing on several occasions, I'm actually beginning to really get irked with him in fact, he is the one major weak link in the defence in my eyes, and his ability going forward is also massively overated for mine. Walcott also poor today, no idea why he was started ahead of Bendtner.