• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was not impressed by the women in Manchester. I am impressed by the women on the tube, on literally every single journey.
What part of Manchester were you in? The wrong part, evidently, but I'm wondering which wrong part.

The tube is the most soul-crushing place. Every train is rammed full of lonely-looking people, none of whom ever talk to each other, even if they're friends. If there were any pretty women there then I probably couldn't see them through all the grimness.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What part of Manchester were you in? The wrong part, evidently, but I'm wondering which wrong part.

The tube is the most soul-crushing place. Every train is rammed full of lonely-looking people, none of whom ever talk to each other, even if they're friends. If there were any pretty women there then I probably couldn't see them through all the grimness.
Up Picadilly, through the gardens at the top, down through the centre, by the library and past the Britain's Got Talent queue.

You've clearly been in the summer when the Tube is rammed with tourists. Central line is where the best women are, on their back to East London i find.

Pothas

Bit of a strange 4-0 win for us today, not the best performance but Gillingham were woefull and we got one very lucky penalty. Things looking good now, 10'th at the moment, would be happy with that come the end of the season.

Uppercut

Up Picadilly, through the gardens at the top, down through the centre, by the library and past the Britain's Got Talent queue.

You've clearly been in the summer when the Tube is rammed with tourists. Central line is where the best women are, on their back to East London i find.
I was staying in East London. Ilford, if you know the London area well. It was mid-May and there weren't too many tourists. Mainly men in suits reading newspapers and looking like they were about to burst into tears.

And yeah, you've taken a bit of a dud route there. Come to the student parts, there are no girls under 18 (except when some crap emo band plays at the Academy) and any girls over 23 are serving food in the cafeteria. It's exactly how life should be...

Uppercut

Ireland get a fairly straightforward Euro qualifying group. Which inevitably means they'll fail. Their best chance of qualification is when the draw dictates that they must invent a time machine, go back to 1970 and beat Brazil by seven clear goals.

Matteh

I was staying in East London. Ilford, if you know the London area well. It was mid-May and there weren't too many tourists. Mainly men in suits reading newspapers and looking like they were about to burst into tears.

And yeah, you've taken a bit of a dud route there. Come to the student parts, there are no girls under 18 (except when some crap emo band plays at the Academy) and any girls over 23 are serving food in the cafeteria. It's exactly how life should be...
Trouble with Ilford is that it's basically Essex...and everyone knows about Essex girls. Got a mate in Buckhurst Hill which is basically where you were.

Student parts anywhere are golden though :p

Scaly piscine

Pretty good group for England, in that the other four teams are all relatively weak and will take plenty of points off each other.

Uppercut

Trouble with Ilford is that it's basically Essex...and everyone knows about Essex girls. Got a mate in Buckhurst Hill which is basically where you were.

Student parts anywhere are golden though :p
Yeah, the girl I was staying with had the most Essex-sounding girl for a sister, was excruciating.

Manchester has the UK's largest student population. It's that little bit more golden than anywhere else :p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty good group for England, in that the other four teams are all relatively weak and will take plenty of points off each other.
Indeed. But geez as i always say why the hell do Wales have a national football team, its such a waste. Just like how in the 90s, we where pissed Giggs couldn't play for us. The next decade we will be saying the same thing about Aaron Ramsey. :dry:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, we've got Spain.

Wanna try and get to the home leg, just to watch Xavi and Iniesta in the flesh though.