• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Woodster

International Captain
Good win for the Blues tonight, Tevez is in outstanding form at the moment. Looks a real threat whenever he receives the ball in an attacking position, he can either play people in or as he did on a couple of occasions tonight, just open up his body and curl inside the post. Top drawer.

Blackburn for their part were pretty woeful, no urgency, very little pressure on the ball, and next to no threat up front, except when gifted one from Given and Kompany.

A relatively professional performance from City though without playing with any great tempo.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Game on.

Absolute ****e. Looked a good team when Sam was in hospital.
Yeah wow. I saw the score and I figured we must have played kids/reserves like the FA Cup Villa game. Turns out we're just rubbish.

BFS using up his 08/09 survival credits pretty quickly.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obertan's a good prospect who cost very little, at first glance it looks like good business. What's he got to do with whether Fergie should have signed someone from Serie A who plays in a different position?

cpr

International Coach
Obertan looked scared of Leeds though, few balls in, few attempts to pass forwards, just little jinks and lay backs, offered little compared to what he's shown he could possibly do.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Obertan's a good prospect who cost very little, at first glance it looks like good business. What's he got to do with whether Fergie should have signed someone from Serie A who plays in a different position?
Sneijder was a Madrid before he went to Inter. When Ronaldo & Tevez was sold. He went for Valencia who is doing okay. Not sure what use Obertran has, not impressed by him.

Nani & Anderson continue to be gash. They should have been sold since the end of last season & Sneijder, Gourcuff (who was available instead of going for Obetran) should have been bought.

Plus i saw some unknown African player againts Birmingham city this weekened. Too much unknown players being brought IMO.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
On what basis was Gourcuff available?
I believe ATT after he went back to Bordeaux fr the one season on loan he was available at the end of last season. Since he didn't sign a full deal with them yet. He either could have gone back to AC Milan or another club like United could have got him (since it was unlikley Milan where going to take him back).

United didn't look in his direction & he signed a 4-year deal with Bordeaux. He clearly deserved to be playing at better club than that.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Sneijder was a Madrid before he went to Inter. When Ronaldo & Tevez was sold. He went for Valencia who is doing okay. Not sure what use Obertran has, not impressed by him.

Nani & Anderson continue to be gash. They should have been sold since the end of last season & Sneijder, Gourcuff (who was available instead of going for Obetran) should have been bought.

Plus i saw some unknown African player againts Birmingham city this weekened. Too much unknown players being brought IMO.
Yeah because every 21 year old midfielder is a Fabregas. Obertan clearly shown he's got potential. The only big money signings that are possibly going to be made by Man Utd are for guys like Benzema or Aguero.

Craig

World Traveller
TBF he's improved.
I still would have taken him over Michael Owen to begin with. There is nothing wrong with him wanting to play every game, better then somebody like Winston Bogarde who just sat on the bench, refusing to leave until his £40k per week contract ended.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I believe ATT after he went back to Bordeaux fr the one season on loan he was available at the end of last season. Since he didn't sign a full deal with them yet. He either could have gone back to AC Milan or another club like United could have got him (since it was unlikley Milan where going to take him back).

United didn't look in his direction & he signed a 4-year deal with Bordeaux. He clearly deserved to be playing at better club than that.
So in other words you don't know what you're talking about, seeing as Bordeaux had the right to buy him at any point during the loan, and therefore nobody else could buy him. In fact Milan wanted him back but weren't allowed to.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBF I wanted to keep hold of Tevez as much as anyone, but comparing having him in the side with having Owen in the side isn't really fair considering he'd have cost £30m more and double the wages.