• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Jayzamann

International Regular
Batting will hopefully be good for the rest of the day and tomorrow. Love to see this go to the end of the fifth day with all three outcomes possible like they managed in NZ.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, McGrath. An eighteen year old girl with a tennis ball bounced him off two paces and he looked decidedly uncomfortable.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's not 21.

Really, I was just very impressed that Hughes was having such a tough time out there and didn't do anything rash. There's a lot of deliveries he would have been tempted to smash through the off side but he played everything on its merits, which is usually a skill batsmen learn later on in their careers.

He'll probably go and get caught behind trying to cut something over leg stump first ball after lunch now, but it was still a good effort.
Unfortunately, the fact that Hughes is 21 is no excuse for him having just about the worst technique of any batsman that I've seen in all my years of watching test cricket

Basically, you simply cannot hope to score runs consistently against decent bowlers when your method is to back away, leave all 3 stumps exposed and hit square on the off-side

Dont get me wrong, I'd love to see him develop into a successful player but I honestly cant imagine him being so with the way that he plays

IMO, it's an absolute disgrace that he has been given another opportunity in front of people who are far better players

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh and I forgot. Watson, I can't believe he did it again! :laugh:

I'm happy to see him get the hundred, but it is funny watching the run he's having at the moment. I didn't see it, but reading some of the comments on here it seems it wasn't his fault, just a good ball.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
It was a ripper of a ball, but if Rauf hadn't dropped that catch he'd have 5 90's and no tons right now, and that would make me ROFL.

I see your point about being ***ually attracted more so to Nadal than Watson, there's just something about spikey blonde hair and fake tan with todays cricketers