• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
a 200 lead will be attained, but it's not going to be enough. minimum required is around 250. ideally pakistan should not be looking at chasing anything over 150.
Hey buddy..i hate to break it to ya.....if Pak gets this lead of 200.....they won't have to bat again! (to win)

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hey buddy..i hate to break it to ya.....if Pak gets this lead of 200.....they won't have to bat again! (to win)
I wouldn't be so sure, let's say Pakistan gain a 200 run-lead, Australia have plenty of time to score 400-450 and set Pakistan 200-250 to win on a fifth day SCG pitch. Game on.

Pakistan obviously in the box seat but Australia aren't out of it IMO.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How much confidence do you have in our batting in this situation?
Plenty. If there's one thing most of the order has proven it's that they're fine with scoring 2nd dig runs.

More in the 1st would be nice, but......

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Australia won't be bowled out for under 200 again. Still a big ask to even restrict the lead to anything under that, though.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How much confidence do you have in our batting in this situation?
Enough to think that unless Pakistan are leading by 300+ that they'll have to bat again. Restrict them to a lead of less than 150-200 and we're a good chance of setting them at least 150 to chase imo. First innings may have been rubbish (and excellent bowling) but I have enough faith in them to put a decent second innings together.

Beleg

International Regular
^

not really faisal. what he's saying (kinda more gently than i would do) is ye are massively overreacting and underrating the aussies.

dont let yer emotions get the better of ye

pasag

RTDAS
Enough to think that unless Pakistan are leading by 300+ that they'll have to bat again. Restrict them to a lead of less than 150-200 and we're a good chance of setting them at least 150 to chase imo. First innings may have been rubbish (and excellent bowling) but I have enough faith in them to put a decent second innings together.
pfft, I know you've watched just as much as me over the past few years and I dont know how you remain this optmistic.

pasag

RTDAS
Plenty. If there's one thing most of the order has proven it's that they're fine with scoring 2nd dig runs.

More in the 1st would be nice, but......
Dont think so, not all together anyways. You had Clarke in England, Ponting at the MCG last year but as a whole in the second innings they're very ordinary (unless setting a total), especially in difficult match circumstances. 1st innings is our thing, if we **** up there we're in trouble.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dont think so, not all together anyways. You had Clarke in England, Ponting at the MCG last year but as a whole in the second innings they're very ordinary (unless setting a total), especially in difficult match circumstances. 1st innings is our thing, if we **** up there we're in trouble.
Against any other team, maybe. Never under-estimate the Pakistani propensity to collapse in a chase. If they're chasing more than 150, the Aussies will feel they're still in with a chance.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Umar playing much too aggresively for my liking, considering that Yousaf is back in the dressing room.