• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Yeah good article.

he is very McGrath like, but all the commentators seemed to want to talk about was that he was 'down on pace' hadn't they thought that he was still threatening with the odd quicker one ?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Good god did I miss out on one hell of a day of cricket. Asif's now taken 28 wickets since his return to Test cricket after a two year break. That's insane. Love the Aussie posters here btw.

On Sami's spell, had the Aussies been reading our insulting posts about him with quite seriousness that they thought they could smash him for runs easily on such a pitch? Watson was his only victim that actually got out to a good ball. Not that I'm complaining mind you.

Also, would like to hear from Asif's detractors from a couple of years ago who constantly said "wait till he gets to Australia".

Last edited:

Rant0r

International 12th Man
There seems to be a perception around world cricket that chucking allegations seem to happen a fair bit either against or in Australia, Pakistan were a bit dirty that Ajmal was sited and blamed Watson for narking (not surprised really). Yet whenever there's an aussie allegation (Tait, Lee) there's an angry backlash

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Good god did I miss out on one hell of a day of cricket. Asif's now taken 28 wickets since his return to Test cricket after a two year break. That's insane. Love the Aussie posters here btw.

On Sami's spell, had the Aussies been reading our insulting posts about him with quite seriousness that they thought they could smash him for runs easily on such a pitch? Watson was his only victim that actually got out to a good ball. Not that I'm complaining mind you.

Also, would like to hear from Asif's detractors from a couple of years ago who constantly said "wait till he gets to Australia".
Still surprised like a lot of people that Sami doesn't seem to succeed at Test level. Good on him though, he bowled awesome. wouldn't have played if Aamer was fit

R_D

International Debutant
Still surprised like a lot of people that Sami doesn't seem to succeed at Test level. Good on him though, he bowled awesome. wouldn't have played if Aamer was fit
If you have seen him bowl enough times.. not surprising tbh.. bowls too many hit me bowls along with some good deliveries. He can't maintain the pressure with his bowling.

I do hope he has turned a leaf... does look good when he gets it right.

Sir Alex

Banned
Just to take away our attention from the scummy Herald Sun, check out this great article about Asif on Cricinfo.

Mohammad Asif: A master strategist | Cricket Features | Australia v Pakistan 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

Love Osman Samiuddin.

Awesome reference ot the fact Asif went under the radar here in Australia. All the talk pre-tour was about Kaneria and Gul, with Ajmal also getting mentioned. Then after the MCG it was all about Aamer.

Considering Asif's record prior to this tour (and his drug problems!) it was quite surprising.
I loved it. The article is packed with emotions of a mother seeing her wayward son coming to the bunch.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On the plus side for Australia, Johnson is really turning out to be a quality allrounder. His batting today was extremely good and had he batted at say 7 may have made a half ton. In the end he really only got out because he realised he had to hit out or get out because he was going to lose partners.

Beleg

International Regular
On the plus side for Australia, Johnson is really turning out to be a quality allrounder. His batting today was extremely good and had he batted at say 7 may have made a half ton. In the end he really only got out because he realised he had to hit out or get out because he was going to lose partners.
aye agree with that. johnson's got the talent to be the all-rounder flintoff's made out to be.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can't wait for the cricket tomorrow (or rather later today - Only 7 hours away.).

Pumped for it. Will sleep now.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
7PM-12AM - Australia - Pakistan
2AM-7AM - England - SA
7AM-12:30PM - Sleep
1PM-4PM - NFL
4PM-7PM - Eagles-Cowboys
7PM-12AM - Australia - Pakistan

This day is sporting nirvana.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Am fuming that the England Test started on a Sunday tbh. Like, wtf? Will get to watch 0 more minutes of it live.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Now the batsmen have to knuckle down and bat sensibly. A lead of 200 is what is needed. Asif is a brilliant swing bowler. I remember him against India in that Karachi test. He brought us to our knees.

Ponting needs to forget the talk about the short ball being his weakness and play sensibly. His ego is letting him down badly here.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
^ Yeah I really really hope that the Pakistani batsman don't implode themselves as usuall and waste this awesome start. Loved the first day's action and can't wait for play to start again. I don't know how well Sami will fare from now on out, but boy did he shut me (and 99% of the people) up for at least one day. Somewhere in Lahore, Imran Khan is doing summersaults. :)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
^ Yeah I really really hope that the Pakistani batsman don't implode themselves as usuall and waste this awesome start. Loved the first day's action and can't wait for play to start again. I don't know how well Sami will fare from now on out, but boy did he shut me (and 99% of the people) up for at least one day. Somewhere in Lahore, Imran Khan is doing summersaults. :)
How good at selection was Imran Khan. I realise he was not a selector but when I was growing up he seemed to have a great influence on team selection. I remember there were one or two 19 year olds who were selected based on Imran's influence. I am just trying to remember their names. I think Aaqib Javed was selected at like 17 years old largely on Imran's say so (if my memory serves me right) - in the 1988 tour of New Zealand. I think he went on to have a mediocre career.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
How good at selection was Imran Khan. I realise he was not a selector but when I was growing up he seemed to have a great influence on team selection. I remember there were one or two 19 year olds who were selected based on Imran's influence. I am just trying to remember their names. I think Aaqib Javed was selected at like 17 years old largely on Imran's say so (if my memory serves me right) - in the 1988 tour of New Zealand. I think he went on to have a mediocre career.
I think the reports were that Aqib was even younger than that, but I may be wrong. Anyway he was one of Imran's picks, as I remember. Was the other one Ata-ur-Rehman?