• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Isn't there now a minimum of 3 days between Tests, hence the game doesn't start till tomorrow?

I know in England we now get some Wednesday and Friday starts in back-to-back matches rather than all being Thursday starts.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Imagine it's a concession to the players to give them a bit of a break over the holiday period, but agree it's crap. Was much better being on 3 Jan. Would they have made thenmove last year because that year 3 Jan was a Saturday? Even if so, I imagine the players would have enjoyed the extra day, and pushed to retain the new date.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Yeah I am surprised at the Jan 2nd starts from previous summers, the turnaround there is a bit swift. Similarly, having a test start on a Sunday as a result is equally surprising.

Dydl

International Debutant
Aamir is out, official word is groin injury.
Yeah, just read the Cricinfo article on that; big blow for Pakistan; going into the Test, again, without their first-choice bowling attack.

And AFAIK, they moved the New Year's Test starting date back a day because the players were complaining that the turn-around was too quick, especially over a holiday period, or something along those lines.

Hit_Wicket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Aamir is out, official word is groin injury.
That's a demoralising blow for the Pakistanis.

I'm not sure where the penetration in their attack will come from now, especially with the possible ludicrous inclusion of Sami, although Kaneria could pose some problems.

I'm quite disappointed myself as Aamer is a very adroit and potent bowler. IMO, his exclusion will make the match a lot less exciting and, dare I say, even more one-sided.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is Younis was in the team they'd probably just play both spinners. Can't really see that happening without any recognised part-time seamers in the team though, so I guess we'll be seeing both Gul and Sami.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Oooh...that will hurt.

Worse still, his replacement is Mohammad Sami - possibly one of the worst express quicks to play Test cricket over the past decade.

I'm firming on AUS winning, though much will depend on the toss and how Pakistan play (plus how we bowl).