• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm, on one hand Liverpool failing is amusing, OTOH, I hate Villa's style of play, and would despise it if they got in the CL, so I'm a bit meh about the winner really:unsure:

Was a quality finish particularly as Liverpools service to him was non-existent throughout the game. Wonder how many he'd score if he was playing for a good side:blink:
He is the one thing that keeps me from having total contempt for Liverpool, is such a wonderfull player, could not help but smile when he scored just then, or when he scored againt Man utd.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to Mancini and all, but Stoke at home and Wolves away is like starting your innings with a leg-side full-toss and rank long-hop. They still need to be put away but there'll be more exacting challenges of his technique ahead.

That said, am seriously considering a few quid on them for top 4. Villa's post-Xmas wobble has started, Liverpool are only two injuries from rank mediocrity and Spurts will contrive to **** things up 'cos they Spurts.

Jarquis

City's next 6 or 7 games are absolute piss. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't drop a point,

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Our next bunch of League games are piss, we do have two games against the Scum packed in there though. We'll lose at the Swamp IMO, but still go through ;)

cpr

International Coach
By the way what is it Bolton fans have against Megson?

They're not in that bad a position considering what they've got to work with.
Its Gary Megson, he contrives to be hated wherever he goes, no matter how much success he achieves. Baggies fans weren't too keen on him either. Doesn't help by being the morose and monotonous bugger in interviews.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its Gary Megson, he contrives to be hated wherever he goes, no matter how much success he achieves. Baggies fans weren't too keen on him either. Doesn't help by being the morose and monotonous bugger in interviews.
This is the club where Sam Allardyce was popular though.

cpr

International Coach
Megson is morose and monotonous and therefore not likeable

Allardyce was a paranoid 'the world hates us northerners' type who complained if a gnat farted in the stands. He was a local.

Craig

World Traveller
Reports in Italy link West Ham with Adrian Mutu and Palermo goal keeper Rubinho. West Ham deny both stories.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think it was a good decision TBH. Bolton may not reach the heights they did with Allardyce but they were better than their bottom 3 ranking currently. They also have 2 games in hand and if they'd won those they'd probably be mid-table.

Scaly piscine

Yea if they'd won their two in hand they'd be top half of the table, more realistically getting 1-3 points would punt them up a fair few places.

Hope they get a crappy manager who takes the scumbag fans down into the lower divisions where they belong.

Pothas

They will probably get another reasonable manager who has a decent amount of experience and just about stay up again, which is exactly what Megson has done for them the last couple of years.

Matteh

Pompey facing extinction. With any luck if they go completely bust the following reshuffle will see another spot out of the BSP for Mansfield.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pompey facing extinction. With any luck if they go completely bust the following reshuffle will see another spot out of the BSP for Mansfield.
Stockport have also got trouble written all over them. I can't imagine promotion and relegation across the leagues will be straightforward this year.

Pothas

Normally these clubs get saved at the last minute, would imagine that someone would manage to rescue Pompey so complete exctinction is unlikely, although with January window coming up they are likely to have to sell any reamaining decent players so relegation would become a formality.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Was a quality finish particularly as Liverpools service to him was non-existent throughout the game. Wonder how many he'd score if he was playing for a good side:blink:
Wouldn't surprise me if we found out sooner rather than later TBH. I know he loves the club and all, but failure to qualify for CL and a stupid money offer from a top club would see him on his way I reckon.