• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So I missed the last bit of the evening session because I was working, how much of a chance was that Hauritz drop off Katich (from the depth of comment on the cricinfo commentary I'm guessing not much?)
If he had moved forward he would have caught it.He looked asleep to me and dropped it.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
If Pakistan are to get 250 plus runs tomorrow...then Mohammad Yousuf will finally have to step up and score 125 of those runs atleast..Thats it..simple as that...there are no excuses this time...no easy way out..he just has to go out there, bat under pressure...and actually convince people like me that his average of 54 is not made up of simply thrashing medium pacers and lousy attacks on dead subcontinent wickets.

If Pakistan can manage 380 plus tomorrow..with fighting partnerships from Yousuf-Akmal and Misbah later...I think most of us will be pleased with a fighting performance...and that should give the team enough confidence for the next two test matches.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I have a weird feeling that there's going to be a whole bunch of Umar Akmal love flying around here in 24 hours time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha I actually came into this thread to say I have a very funny feeling about tomorrow.

I'm feeling a large Yousuf ton actually.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must admit that last night was the first time I've watched any Aussie cricket live this summer and I was astounded by the commentary, it's dross

edit - did I just say 'this summer'?? FFS. spend too much time here.
Have heard a lot of it of late and it is not quite as bad as I was expecting, I find it amusing rather than totally awful. The old lot are a good deal better than the new lot though and it would be so much better than if they had a commentator from the touring side.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Have a feeling Johnson will have one of them caught in the cordon early on in the session tomorrow and it'll all be over soon after Lunch.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha I actually came into this thread to say I have a very funny feeling about tomorrow.

This. Really hoping for an early wicket tomorrow to calm my nerves. Watto to actually get a bowl and duly take a 5-fer though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think they're in pretty good shape. 170 runs on the board and all of their important wickets still in tact. A bit of Younis would be seriously handy but there's definitely 250 runs worth of batting still to come. They're starting out against a ball only 45 overs old tomorrow too, and the momentum is definitely with them. Australia still favourites but Pakistan in with a decent shout.

I hope they do it, because it'll make Ponting's arrogant declarations look as ****ing stupid as they are.

Xuhaib

International Coach

If Mitch would have been bowling garbage I may have entertained the thought the bugger had to get his last season form at such an awful time for us.:(

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Drop counter
Keep the count going: Pakistan dropped three chances in Australia's first innings and two more were added the second time round. Imran Farhat, who once dropped six catches at Lord's, put down Marcus North at midwicket, though it didn't cost too much. Then, with Watson on 99 and all of Australia's nerves on his fingertips, Abdur Rauf grassed a sitter at point, to allow a first Australian hundred of the summer and general relief across the land at the lifting of a jinx. What Rauf was doing at point is anyone's guess, though he deserves a stand to be named after him at the MCG. At the very least, Watson's first child should be christened Rauf Watson.

Read this on cricinfo plays of the day.......... lol.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i think they're in pretty good shape. 170 runs on the board and all of their important wickets still in tact. A bit of younis would be seriously handy but there's definitely 250 runs worth of batting still to come. They're starting out against a ball only 45 overs old tomorrow too, and the momentum is definitely with them. Australia still favourites but pakistan in with a decent shout.

i hope they do it, because it'll make ponting's arrogant declarations look as ****ing stupid as they are.
ha.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I think it is a bit too much to expect from Pakistan. Most probably it would be a first or second over heart beaker. If they win it though the person they have to thank is Ponting.