• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan top 3 batsmen are just crap. Is it really true that they do not have better openers than Farhat and Salman ?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At least they got some runs out of their top 3. Now its up for the real batsmen to try and get them to a historic victory.

Hauritz getting taken to the cleaners again.

Fusion

Global Moderator
At least they got some runs out of their top 3. Now its up for the real batsmen to try and get them to a historic victory.
If we don't lose any more wickets today, we can perhaps dare to dream. Very unlikely though. Australia firmly on top for now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pakistan top 3 batsmen are just crap. Is it really true that they do not have better openers than Farhat and Salman ?
Fawad should really be in the team. From what I've seen of his technique I think he'd be much better suited at five or six but he did score than big ton opening and he's only had two games there so I'd definitely be inclined to give him another go opening. Farhat tonning up in his last Test in New Zealand and Butt having done well in the tour game (and actually having a decent record in Australia) makes them hard to drop as such but they should never have been recalled over Fawad anyway.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I'd say Kallis still has it all over him.

He's definitely earning his place with both bat and ball right now though, which is something a lot of people thought Watson would never be able to do.
Only as a batsman TBF. Watson's bowling already better than Kallis ATM given that Watson can reverse it which would make him effective on a flat deck - Kallis would be piss poor on a flat deck these days.

Kallis is just WC batsman who bowls a bit now. Watson is a better "complete" all-rounder for given that Watto is more likely than Kallis ATM to score you a hundred & probably get a 5 wicket haul. Same thing can be said about Dwayne Bravo as well.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With the question marks over Aamir's age, is there any doubt whatsoever that Umar is only 19? I'm presuming not, but there's been a lot of scepticism about Aamir.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not often I praise Nein, but that was an awesome illustration of why batsmen don't just let Johnson go. It's faaaar from a normal left arm over angle - the ball comes out on middle basically and just tails away from the right hander with that undercutting motion; it'd be really quite difficult to train yourself to leave that.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Australia still on top and favorites to win, but here's hoping for an exciting day 5 tomorrow. These two would need to bat out a large part of the day for Pakistan to have a chance since our tail is so long. Can't wait! :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Australia are going to lose this one. Tomorrow 1st session will be crucial, If these two can hang on for another 20 overs, It will be a great game tomorrow.

Athlai

Not Terrible
With the question marks over Aamir's age, is there any doubt whatsoever that Umar is only 19? I'm presuming not, but there's been a lot of scepticism about Aamir.
Crowe said he was 23. Disagree with that though.

Geez these two Pakistani youngsters are special though.