• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just that if you get skittled for another 30 odd runs sometime soon. That leaves Pakistand a lot of time to chase ~400 or they can just play time. If he hadn't declared you wouldn't have to worry about scoring runs now, you could be 500 ahead.
The sheer amount of time left **** a team too. So can having a target within reach. Works both ways.

inbox24

International Debutant
Probably regrets the Australian batsmen playing absolute trash. Is anyone else getting sick of these Australian batting collapses? Am all for dropping North if that would help stop them.

Watto...
Haha! Finally you admit it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I like this annoying tactic by Pakistan.

However, Australia would take this position any day. Obviously, Ponting would prefer being 166/0 than 166/6, but really in the end, it doesn't matter how many wickets you've lost - if your aim was 400 runs, they're going to get it most likely so in the end, it doesn't matter.

I loved Ponting's declaration, even if it ends up backfiring (which is unlikely).

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Lets see.......if Pak can get Aus under 200 today...and have a target of 400 to chase more or less...argh...with that batting i don't know.....but still would be interesting...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The only way Pakistan will get this total is if Younis Khan comes out to bat in a face mask of the number 3.

The only real way is if Yousef and the two Akmal's go guns.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LOL at Greig 'saying this is a cold stone certainty'

What is he going to do if he gets it? Think he might actually explode