• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
140km/h + is still faster than McGrath, Fleming and Reiffel though. I remember someone saying they thought Gillespie was the most difficult bowler to face in the domestic comp back around the end of 2001.
Really, the pace of bowlers is not only over-rated but not necessarily representative of what a guy can bowl vs what they do bowl in a Test match. Of the above, Paul Reiffel was often rated genuinely quick by guys who faced him domestically and on tour (he was up around Holdsworth's pace when he toured England in 1993, apparently). Come Tests, he often cut his pace to conserve energy and get more movement.

Seems as if you can't be in between in OZ; either bend your back (get past 90mph if you can) and get something out of the pitches or, if you can't, cut back your pace and work at getting something in the air. Damien Fleming provides an example of the former, Matt Hoggard an example of the latter (early in the series in 06/07, anyway).

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Watson and Clarke have started well this morning.

Is there anyone else here who likes watching the 3 Australian right hand batsman in the top 6 more so than the 3 left handers?

For mine Ponting, Clarke and now Watson are the 3 best Aussies to watch in the top 6.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Mark Nicholas reaches the microphone, and the watching world reaches for its sick bag. I'm so glad that, these days, it's the Aussies that have to put up with him rather than us. On the plus side, it's great that a gay man has such a prominent part to play in sports broadcasting. But that apart, he's as welcome as a pork chop at a Jewish wedding. The mere sound of his voice makes my stomach churn.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mark Nicholas reaches the microphone, and the watching world reaches for its sick bag. I'm so glad that, these days, it's the Aussies that have to put up with him rather than us. On the plus side, it's great that a gay man has such a prominent part to play in sports broadcasting. But that apart, he's as welcome as a pork chop at a Jewish wedding. The mere sound of his voice makes my stomach churn.
Hey leave him alone,he is great on Britains Best Dish.:unsure:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watson looks set here for one of the great 2nd innings centuries. Whilst wickets have tumbled around him, Watto has stood firm. He truly deserves the inevitable century.