• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
The great WIs of the mid 80s never tried this "give the batsman a single" crap, they attacked both batsman and bunny:@
No, but that was a vastly better bowling attack.

I am relieved that we bowled them out, but I pray to god that our batsmen don't implode again.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Shane Warne just said he played 4ths club cricket! I knew we wasnt huge on cricket but I thought he was still very good, does anyone know the warne story completely

archie mac

International Coach
Shane Warne just said he played 4ths club cricket! I knew we wasnt huge on cricket but I thought he was still very good, does anyone know the warne story completely
He played 4ths for St.Kilda, but quickly worked his way up the grades. Rodney Hogg faced him once in a grade game, and said this lad will play for Australia:)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, pretty sure that he never played any underage cricket for Victoria or anything like that.

Story about Hogg is true, Warne was spinning it across him and other blokes for fun one day early in Warne's district career.

Jayzamann

International Regular
All I can say is - thank God we didn't see a repeat of last year day 3.
Ugh, that was pain.

Hearing about how Warne had a tough time getting his career going flies in the face of how his career ended up. It is quite amazing, rly.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
He played 4ths for St.Kilda, but quickly worked his way up the grades. Rodney Hogg faced him once in a grade game, and said this lad will play for Australia:)
Think the quote was, after Hogg had played and missed a couple of times and was getting heckled, "this kid is better than Sounda", refering to then test bowler Peter Sleep.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Well bowled by Asif. And loved Tubby's comment about Bill's signed Hammond bat ending up on a memorabilia website.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Ponting with an arm guard, did he have one in the first innings as well? :\

Also loving the jest with which Tony Greig is commentating on Aamer's age.