• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We also go away to Villa Park on the 27th and the Champions League game in Porto is a week(maybe 2) after the Liverpool one I think. Strength of schedule is insane for that little period which is why another couple of good players would make a huge huge difference I feel.
Yeah Porto is a week after the Liverpool game, no match that weekend. Make or break period tbh.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bit in the paper linking us to him as well, so he'll likely go nowhere like every other decent player linked with a transfer in January.
Today's Observer links you with Maicon & Balotelli (might as well link you with all of Inter and be done with it) and Angel Di Maria from Benfica.

Maicon v plausible tho, what with Bridge being gash of late and all.

duffer

A 25 year old Italian international forward? Not to Arsenal imo. Been linked with a heap of strikers recently though. Gignac, Gervinho, Pandev, Huntelaar. Still hope for Chamakh but we've just signed a couple of young strikers one from Brazil and another Spaniard) so I don't see us jamming their paths in the first team. Wellington, the Brazillian guy is meant to be a huge coup for the club.

duffer

Arsenal have emerged as shock contenders to sign Craig Bellamy.

The 30-year-old is unsettled at Manchester City following the sacking of manager Mark Hughes and was last night reported to have handed in a transfer request.

The Welsh star was left on the bench by new boss Roberto Mancini for yesterday’s 2-0 win over Stoke in favour for Robinho.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger needs to bolster his strike force after the loss of Robin van Persie for the season.

“Craig’s a warrior, just what Arsenal need,” said a coach who has worked closely with Bellamy.

Heh, wouldn't be boring at least. From the ever reliable Mirror.

duffer

If he doesn't Silvestre surely does. We have the never fail of Eboue in our squad too if we ever needed to get over the line there.

Jarquis

In all honesty, what are the chances that Wenger goes for Chamakh? Bordeaux won't accept what we offer them and we won't offer what they'll accept as he's available on a free in the summer.
I'd love it if we did sign him for a few million, I just can't see it happening. I don't see a leading candidate anywhere else though, it's all just papertalk. Hopefully Wenger has somebody in mind though. Would hate for another transfer window to slip past when signings are a necessity.

duffer

In all honesty, what are the chances that Wenger goes for Chamakh? Bordeaux won't accept what we offer them and we won't offer what they'll accept as he's available on a free in the summer.
I'd love it if we did sign him for a few million, I just can't see it happening. I don't see a leading candidate anywhere else though, it's all just papertalk. Hopefully Wenger has somebody in mind though. Would hate for another transfer window to slip past when signings are a necessity.
Said it yonks ago that we wouldn't sign anyone and our chairman seems to think that way too.

ARSENAL boss Arsene Wenger is ready to snub a cash war-chest and bid to win the Premier title with his current young squad.
Wenger has plenty of money to spend on new players but believes his current crop of youngsters can last the course in the title race.

Chairman Peter Hill-Wood said: “We have got a lot of money available to spend – money’s not the restriction.

“I am very confident still we have got a very good squad and some of these young boys who have come in have done really well. It could be Arsene will stick with what he has got. If we were to win our game in hand we would be second in the league.”

duffer

Arsenal vs Aston Villa

Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Traore, Song Billong, Denilson, Nasri, Diaby, Eduardo, Arshavin

Subs: Fabianski, Fabregas, Vela, Walcott, Ramsey, Silvestre, Eboue

Aston Villa: Friedel, Luke Young, Dunne, Cuellar, Warnock, Ashley Young, Petrov, Milner, Downing, Agbonlahor, Heskey

Subs: Guzan, Sidwell, Carew, Delph, Reo-Coker, Beye, Collins

Referee: Phil Dowd (Staffordshire)

Itstl to see Cesc on the bench. Hope we won't need to bring him on if he isn't 100%.

Jarquis

Said it yonks ago that we wouldn't sign anyone and our chairman seems to think that way too.

ARSENAL boss Arsene Wenger is ready to snub a cash war-chest and bid to win the Premier title with his current young squad.
Wenger has plenty of money to spend on new players but believes his current crop of youngsters can last the course in the title race.

Chairman Peter Hill-Wood said: “We have got a lot of money available to spend – money’s not the restriction.

“I am very confident still we have got a very good squad and some of these young boys who have come in have done really well. It could be Arsene will stick with what he has got. If we were to win our game in hand we would be second in the league.”
Heard it so many times before.
Can remember the story when we were linked with David VIlla where someone on the board said "If Wenger asked for £30m to spend, we'd make the £30m available. He just won't ask"

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, Cesc again. Lovely finish, but looks to have buggered his dodgy hammy again. Get him off, Arsene. Cotton wool job now.