• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

cpr

International Coach
Keane possibly one of the best DM, certainly in the Premiership era, though would say on the wane by the 2000's, never hit the heights after his big injury. Personally would take Vieira over him as a whole...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Duffer - I know you've got a few ideas about our goalkeeping issues and what not, well Szczesny's staying out on loan at Brentford for another month. I've not seen him in any matches but there's a fair bit of talk around his performances. Seems to be making a bit of a name for himself in League 1.

Oh and some bad news that Uppercut might enjoy BBC Sport - Football - Arsene Wenger expects extended Van Persie injury layoff
Wojciech is quality. Apart from Wilshere probably our best prospect at the club. Not surprised to see him do well at Brentford, he'll make Fabianski redundant in a couple of years time. I can see why Arsene thinks he can use Almunia as a stop gap until then but it is to the detriment of the current team.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think they mean actual libel laws myself - it may well be true but if the Sun thought they could make the allegation stick I can't believe they'd hold back on naming and shaming
There is certainly something dodgy about the allegation otherwise they would be perfectly entitled to print the story, there's probably some doubt as to the certainty of whoever it is attending such a place or whether or not the place is for certain a brothel I would have thought.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
There is certainly something dodgy about the allegation otherwise they would be perfectly entitled to print the story, there's probably some doubt as to the certainty of whoever it is attending such a place or whether or not the place is for certain a brothel I would have thought.
TBF the article leaves one in very little doubt it's an actual knocking shop, so it must be the former.

fredfertang

I suppose ITBT it's the knocking shop that was the source of the info and doubtless other "pillow talk" so they're hardly going to want to bring down the full weight of the boys in blue on a good source of tittle tattle by disclosing their carefully cultivated informant

Jarquis

ZOMG. Dad got me a signed poster of the current Arsenal squad for christmas. So so happy.
Got a best wishes message on it from Cesc :D

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't worry though, it was a horrific performance. Didn't look like making anything until the Wolves left-back had a couple of brainfarts and got himself sent off.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Bloody awesome - needed to win that, and we did.

Now hopefully the Hammers can give me a good birthday present by picking up some points at Tottenham.

Come on you Irons!

Pothas

Great win for the Bees today, two 1-0 wins in a row now and up to 11th!! A couple of wins and we are suddenly closer to the play-offs then relegation. Great job from Scott, saw things were not going well and was willing to make the changes sooner rather than later, should manage mid-table ok from here.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
How much truth is in the story of Ivan Cordoba going to Eastlands? Can't see it myself, not least to the summer anyway. Samuel is injured and they need somebody to partner Lucio. And besides Cordoba won't be up for Sainthood anytime soon.
No one has any ****ing idea who'll be coming to Eastlands over the next month, papers are just linking anyone who's Italian/played for Inter in the last decade.

duffer

We win tonight and beat Bolton and we're 1 point behind Chelsea ( who were meant to be unstoppable just a few weeks ago). They are losing players to Africa and severely out of form. Our toughest part of the schedule is in January and early Feb, if we are ahead or very close I'm going to start believing as our run in is cake. We just need a couple more players imo.

Jarquis

We win tonight and beat Bolton and we're 1 point behind Chelsea ( who were meant to be unstoppable just a few weeks ago). They are losing players to Africa and severely out of form. Our toughest part of the schedule is in January and early Feb, if we are ahead or very close I'm going to start believing as our run in is cake. We just need a couple more players imo.
Yeah, this tbh. We're going to lose Song which will be a pretty big blow, what's more worrying is the interview that Diaby gave saying he feels he can replace Song whilst he's at the ACoN and fancies his defensive abilities are up to scratch. Thankfully Wenger gave an interview the same day(IIRC) saying he saw Diaby's role further up the pitch. Can see Denilson coming into the side once Song goes. Great.
Obviously need a striker in January.
Early February is definitely the toughest part of our season. Have United, Chelsea and Liverpool in 3 conseutive games in the space of 9 days or something stupid.

Edit : You were right about late Jan :p It's very late January tbf.
Sunday, 31 January 2010
Arsenal v Man Utd, 16:00

Sunday, 7 February 2010
Chelsea v Arsenal, 16:00

Wednesday, 10 February 2010
Arsenal v Liverpool, 19:45

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Loving all the Prem that's on post-Christmas. Watched three matches in a row last night and betted cheeseburgers on who would score with mates. Got four of us doing it tonight for the double. So good. :)

duffer

Yeah, this tbh. We're going to lose Song which will be a pretty big blow, what's more worrying is the interview that Diaby gave saying he feels he can replace Song whilst he's at the ACoN and fancies his defensive abilities are up to scratch. Thankfully Wenger gave an interview the same day(IIRC) saying he saw Diaby's role further up the pitch. Can see Denilson coming into the side once Song goes. Great.
Obviously need a striker in January.
Early February is definitely the toughest part of our season. Have United, Chelsea and Liverpool in 3 conseutive games in the space of 9 days or something stupid.

Edit : You were right about late Jan :p It's very late January tbf.
Sunday, 31 January 2010
Arsenal v Man Utd, 16:00

Sunday, 7 February 2010
Chelsea v Arsenal, 16:00

Wednesday, 10 February 2010
Arsenal v Liverpool, 19:45
We also go away to Villa Park on the 27th and the Champions League game in Porto is a week(maybe 2) after the Liverpool one I think. Strength of schedule is insane for that little period which is why another couple of good players would make a huge huge difference I feel.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bit in the paper linking us with Pazzini of Sampdoria in the window. Know squat about him, in all honesty. Striker tho, so it's plausible.