• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've no complaints with how the reviews are working here. This "margin of tolerance" is reasonable to go within the umpire's call - so long as the tolerance is reasonable and not coming up with "umpire's call" when leg stump is being knocked out the ground...

Ian Harvey on Sky is complaining that people will be confused by this.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah, just getting my head around that it's not a review of whether or not the batsman was actually out, it's a review of whether the on field umpire has made a serious blue. In line ball cases the distinction is important and as Nicholas just said on the commentary, the system gives the benefit of the doubt to the on field umpire.
Yeah, that's fair enough too. You don't want to crucify the on-field umpire for something that could've gone either way.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I'd express my lament over Hussey not getting a century, but that sort of emotion has lost all meaning right about now.

Am I the only one who thinks the quicker Hauritz gets out the better? A pitch like this is wasted on him.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Am I the only one who thinks the quicker Hauritz gets out the better? A pitch like this is wasted on him.
The likeliness of Clarke getting out before stumps yesterday was very high, so I think it was a good decision to send him out. He's done well this morning, but I do think he now needs to step up after lunch, and enable Clarke to find his rhythm.

Aussie's defending this pitch :laugh:
It could well be a pitch not worthy of a result. There has been some nice bounce and carry, so I would not call it a "really flat" deck by any means. But to judge it before Pakistan have even had a bat yet is foolish.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Jayzamann

International Regular
The likeliness of Clarke getting out before stumps yesterday was very high
Haha yeah come to think of it I could definitely see that happening.

Hopefully by the 4th and 5th days there's actually some more assistance for the spinners so there's a result in the works. The Centurion test in SA was a dull plod for 4.5 days at less and 3rpo, but still came very close to a result.

Howsie

International Captain
It could well be a pitch not worthy of a result. There has been some nice bounce and carry, so I would not call it a "really flat" deck by any means. But to judge it before Pakistan have even had a bat yet is foolish.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
Sooooo, we might not get a result but to lable this pitch flat now is foolish. I don't need to watch three days of cricket to tell if a pitch is flat or not thank you very much.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Sooooo, we might not get a result but to lable this pitch flat now is foolish. I don't need to watch three days of cricket to tell if a pitch is flat or not thank you very much.
:dry: How are you supposed to know there's not going to be a result when only one side has batted thus far

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The pitch is not flat. There is evident bounce and carry. Whether it's a result-orientated deck is yet to be seen, as Pakistan have not batted.

It is naive and foolish to label the deck "really flat" for the reasons you are.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This looks familiar to the India vs. Sri Lanka test match thread, except different people are defending the pitch and saying wait for the 2nd innings. :ph34r:

Point still stands though.

JBH001

International Regular
Reckon its a really good batting deck but not flat. If Pakistan had held their catches they may have been better off than they are.

Whats really pissing me off though is not being able to defeat the hordes of undead in the Battle of Redcliffe.

Jayzamann

International Regular
That was a pretty balanced and solid catch by Aamer there. Looked like the ball stuck a bit in his hand as he tried to ditch it before he went over the ropes. Pity, that.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't need to watch cricket to tell if a pitch is flat or not thank you very much.
Fixed.

It's not a minefield by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not totally lifeless either. It looks a hell of a lot flatter when you put down chances though. It probably was flatter than I'd like to see it on Day 1, but there was something there for your bowlers...having someone who could push it about 132kph every so often might have helped too.

Burgey

FMD they finally catch one and run it over the rope!
No luck there. I blame Chris Broad.

Burgey

This looks familiar to the India vs. Sri Lanka test match thread, except different people are defending the pitch and saying wait for the 2nd innings. :ph34r:

Point still stands though.
What do you mean by flat? There's bounce there, but not much sideways. I see "flat" more like Adelaide where there's not much bounce, or a pitch where the ball doesn't bounce. Some might say it's one where there's no variable bounce or no sideways.