• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Craig

World Traveller
Sat at the bar from 11:10am, drinking schooners. One of the great days. Never heard a greater roar than when they showed the replay of the run-out and everyone saw that Watson was the man out. Argh, "F" CW, I piss'd meself laughing, it was gold. Now I'm getting a slapper over to my joint to, "watch a DVD", although i've already flogged meself off a few times and taken some skin off the old fella. Anyways, he's "Your mate". Catch ya ****s.
:laugh:

Kids, do not drink.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Good decision under the system. Hussey a bit unlucky in terms of how the system is framed, but so was Roach. Baffled the umpires need to confer that long.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahaha. Brilliant. Another Aussie fails when he should make a hundy. Its amazing how they keep making decent totals without a three figure score!

Hauritz for a century! :D

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought that was a poor but not shocking initial decision, but a good decision by the third umpire.

Under this system, that position is not only tenable, but makes sense.

Last edited:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
What is the actual rule on hitting inside the line? Does it have to be at least half of the ball, or the whole ball?
I think it's half the ball but because SOME of the ball was in line, it was deemed close enough to not be overruled. If Doctrove had given that not out and Pakistan had challenged, Hussey would have been not out.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting that within the current system there can be some doubt but the decision stands. But it is out within the system as it currently stands and in real time I'd have given it out too. Couldn't definitely say it wouldn't hit so that's fair enough.

Funny to see another batsman fall within reach of 100 though :happy:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting that within the current system there can be some doubt but the decision stands. But it is out within the system as it currently stands and in real time I'd have given it out too. Couldn't definitely say it wouldn't hit so that's fair enough.

Funny to see another batsman fall within reach of 100 though :happy:
yeah, just getting my head around that it's not a review of whether or not the batsman was actually out, it's a review of whether the on field umpire has made a serious blue. In line ball cases the distinction is important and as Nicholas just said on the commentary, the system gives the benefit of the doubt to the on field umpire.

Howsie

International Captain
Hahaha. Brilliant. Another Aussie fails when he should make a hundy. Its amazing how they keep making decent totals without a three figure score!
Hauritz for a century! :D
Pretty simple really, the pitches are really flat and the bowling is tight without being really threatening.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Top umpiring today, for defs.

Feel Haury will start lashing out when he gets to fifty.