• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The Houllier-Thompson regime acted on personality rather than ability in quite a lot of cases apparently. Fowler and Anelka are the ones that immediately come to mind, but there are others.

I mean, I know Anelka is a ****, we all know that. But Liverpool knew that when they got him, and he got them results. It was baffling.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Champions League was a fluke. 3-0 down, Milan collapsed and allowed them to get back to 3-3, at which point Liverpool decided to play for penalties (pathetic) and won the shootout.

Before that it was basically the defence, Gerrard (from what I can remember) and luck that got them through. A defence and luck are the main parts needed to win the CL, only if you've got a lot of special players can you win without one of those two elements.
That's not really the issue tho. I was just suggeting that if one were a Liverpool fan winning club football's premier comp is the kind of thing likely to endear a manager to one, regardless of the whys and hows.

How bad was Scholes's first touch when Murphy dispossessed him before Fulham's first goal, btw? Awful technique from such an old pro.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol at Almunia getting involved in the Nasri incident, must have run 80 yards.

Sweet free kick from Denilson it must be said.

OMG Dudu, lovely turn, just needs to rediscover that instinct infront of goal.

Matteh

Still baffling that Benitez didn't take Owen on board. Even if he was only a backup to Torres, Torres has been out enough that Owen would've been such a step up on Voronin/Ngog.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Even if it was (believe its not), Owen's record and lacklustre performances in the league are hardly a huge jump on what N'Gog gives you i.e. a better shot/goal ratio, 90 minutes and 75k a week less.

David Dunn has scored five goals this season and I've seen not seen him in months and Burnley's Steven Fletcher (who?) has managed to score five goals. Should never have got rid of Bellamy (and his golfing mate Riise)...

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

For Blackburn, yeah, 9 draws is great.
11 - 2 - 2 = 7

You're in sixth with a game in hand. Two of the teams above you will likely fall apart towards the end of the season and your team is improving. It is the players who are responsible for turning the odd win into a draw.

You're not going to just buy your way instantly to an easy CL spot when teams above have settled sides and a lot of the top players tied up. Man City are left with the dregs, or the guys who are good enough but come with heavy baggage (eg Adebayor). It will take time to gradually build up the really good players who come available as time passes.

Hughes put you in a good position and was getting to grips with the wastes of space. If you seriously think ANYONE will get much more out of the likes of Adebayor, Robinho and so on then you're seriously deluded.