• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BBC Goalflashy thing

1841: Yet more breaking news: Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is to face proceedings over a tax issue, his solicitors said today in a statement issued by the football club.

Hehe. Bent as a nine bob note as my dad would say.

Matteh

:laugh:

You're a joke. The video was so conclusively against my point of view that you made up some ****amamie play-by-play to persuade me? That was not a red in a million years. A bad tackle which resulted in hurting the tackler more than the opponent. There is nothing career ending about that tackle, as Mascherano largely missed and his leg went between Beh-haim's legs.

Good one.
What about Mascherano grabbing Ben-Haim's face/throat after the tackle?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
That was only one potential outcome though.

If you tackle like that a number of times, say hundred for argument's sake. A lot of the time you'll simply miss the other player altogether. A chunk of those times you'll rake down the guy's shin. Another chunk of times you'll land on the guy's ankle or foot. Another few times you'll catch the guy's low leg at right angle or similar and the full force will dissipate there and then. The outcome of that is post-watershed.

He had no control of the big force involved once he leans forward with most of his weight coming down. His foot is going to land roundabout where the other player is standing, that's as far as the control goes.

That sort of numbers game is not you want at any level of football. It needs to be removed from the game as much as possible.
Please, it was too low and getting into hypotheticals of this nature is begging to outlaw tackling altogether. There was very little chance of Masch's tackle ending anyone's career. Straight reds have been given for malicious/reckless tackles but not for Masch's type today.

That's Lee Mason's fourth consecutive fixture with a sending off, if I heard right. After the Mascherano tackle I was thinking well if that gets a red, I wonder what will constitute a yellow. As soon as I said that, Yebda got a yellow for soft foul. Mason was too busy trying to impress his authority and had a poor game overall.

What about Mascherano grabbing Ben-Haim's face/throat after the tackle?
:laugh: yeh...that happened too.

Matteh

For mine that's what the 4th referee talked to the ref about and what almost certainly got Mascherano sent off. You just plain can't hit someone in the facial area with intent and expect to stay on the pitch.

duffer

I love how our most maligned players (Denilson, Diaby and Almunia) were the ones who stepped up big today. I guess Eboue ****ing Hunt in the bastard counts too on that score.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I love how our most maligned players (Denilson, Diaby and Almunia) were the ones who stepped up big today. I guess Eboue ****ing Hunt in the bastard counts too on that score.
Haha was just thinking that myself, quite pleasing really, they've done the job to get us these 3 points, whilst Cesc gets a nice rest on the sidelines, not bad.

cpr

International Coach
Please, it was too low and getting into hypotheticals of this nature is begging to outlaw tackling altogether. There was very little chance of Masch's tackle ending anyone's career. Straight reds have been given for malicious/reckless tackles but not for Masch's type today.

That's Lee Mason's fourth consecutive fixture with a sending off, if I heard right. After the Mascherano tackle I was thinking well if that gets a red, I wonder what will constitute a yellow. As soon as I said that, Yebda got a yellow for soft foul. Mason was too busy trying to impress his authority and had a poor game overall.
Wasnt too low, it was a downwards tackle, studs going straight down. It was reckless, dangerous, and looked malicious. Red.

Its not the end product, its the danger of the incident. Did you disagree with Scholes air punch accross Alonso (think it was) face a few years ago, no contact, was laughable, straight red and deservidly so. End of the day Masch has gone in needlessly and recklessly and had to go

Yep, we all saw it, I pointed it out, Matteh pointed it out. If he's making a tackle for a ball on the ground, his arm shouldnt be striking someone in the neck. Unless his arms are flailing for balance (showing he'd not be in control of his body and the tackle, making it reckless) they shouldnt be above shoulder height.

Shouldn't have stabbed him either :laugh:

Good argument, like the way you've used knowledge and understanding to refute everyone else's point there, really proved how right and unbiased you are......